Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

can't believe I feel this good.

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is great! Keep it up!
18 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks hummybird, I think you're right. Isn't it odd that I think it's NOT normal to feel ok about NOT putting chemicals into my lungs? When the truth is I should have been feeling odd about smoking...not quitting. Nasty junkie thinking! Today is a great day to save my life. Today is a great day to save my kid's lives. Today is a great day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$50,408.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 7

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

still rocking and rolling down this path. everyday has been such a gift! I started running yesterday. want to know something awsome...my legs gave out before my lungs did! After only 23 days! What a difference! 23 days a go I got winded going up the stairs. THIS CAN BE DONE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 352 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $103.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$50,408.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

thanks everyone for the concern, I can assure you that although I feel great with this quit I am no fool. I have all the coping tools sitting next to me all day. I have the positive messages around thehouse, know why I'm quitting, and am not taking this lightly. Just for some odd reason I haven't needed to call on any of them yet...at day 22. I guess I just want others to know it can be done. Having a mind set that I am a non smoker, not allowing myself to be fooled by the junkie in my head, and understanding that I am who I define myself to be has all worked to my advantage this quit! Yeah! Cold turkey rocks (after the first three days of course)! lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$50,408.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I know this is hard for most of you to relate to...but I feel awsome. In fact, the only thing that scares me is that I'm not scared this quit. Not having to fight hard everyday to not smoke is scaring me to death! I have not wanted a smoke since I quit 22 days ago and it's freaking me out! I have quit 12 times, each was a fight to the death. Do you think wellbutirne could be the reason? Anyone else feel this good with a cold turkey quit? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$50,408.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I felt, and still feel the same way. I have not had to battle against my addiction. Now, life is another story, but.......... I welcomed the sh#% that came with my quit. I knew for every bad thing that was happening to me, was for a very good reason. I was healing from years of abuse. I embraced my troubles and my joys, and took them for what they were. Then I let them go. I'm glad you feeling the same. It is a great feeling huh? Keep it up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,604 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $173.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DD, I also quit cold turkey. I think because of the knowlage I have gotten from this site I knew more of what to expect and reading post helped me so much to get thru the first month of my quit. I am just now learning what normal as an exsmoker should feel like. Congrats on 22 days being smoke free and feeling good [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $425.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DD. I have a cold turkey quit but I must admit I wasn't feeling good at 22 days. Congratulations! Everyone's quit is different. Maybe you are one of the fortunate ones. Attitude plays a key roll in the quit process and perhaps you just have what it takes to make it simple for you. Either way, what matters is that you are quit and feeling good. Be sure to have a plan just in case you need to deal with cravings at a later time. "Just in Case". Some people are able to just put the smokes down and never look back. I am not one of those people. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 300 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,009 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1050 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DD. I also used Wellubtrim this quit which was my third time of trying for me, I found that it helped me considerably with my cravings....I agree with Lady when she says that attitude plays a key roll in the quit process....You do have to be ready to quit and want to quit....Some days are easier than others, but if you truly want to quit with all your heart, it is doable..I still have days when I think of a somke, but that's all they are now...just passing thoughts. Sooooo when you hear others say that it does get better....it really does :-D Congrats on your 22 days !!!!!! ~SweetPea~
18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DD, Maybe this is your body's way of thanking you for making such a great decision. Don't freak out - just enjoy it. :) Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2333.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$472,295.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 9

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: