Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I can't...

18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Post Pam. I CAN quit smoking. Just Say N.O.P.E. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Still Gonna Kick Ash in '06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$24,892.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 631 Hours: 16

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't can be a good word Like "I can't keep smoking because it will ruin my life. Or I can't stay away from this site. Sometimes it is hard to find the good side to things, but it is there if you look hard enough Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*attempting 2tread water w/ my hands over my head* [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb038.gif[/img] HELPfft! :8o: :p [font=verdana]~Good post Pam. [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't is a word that is not in our vocabulary in my house. I can't are two of the worse words you can say and I taught my children this at a very young age. We CAN always do anything we set our minds to. We just have to want to bad enough. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 297 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1039.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I was a kid, I was on the swim team. It often wasn't easy, and we were pushed to do things that we didn't think we were capable of doing and as kids, we often said "BUT I CAN'T!!!" And every time someone said that, the whole class had to tread water for 5 minutes with our hands out on top of our heads (all of you good swimmers out there... TRY THAT! IT'S HARD!) or swim really really far or some other unpleasant task. Of course, after that, whoever said "I CAN'T" was a very unpopular person and we all learned never to say that horrible word. I STILL cringe to this day whenever I hear the word "can't." I now teach kids how to swim and I often hear that awful 4-letter word. And although I don't make the kids do some horrible exercise, I do try to stress to them the importance to believe that you CAN do the task at hand. Most of my job is [b]NOT[/b] teaching people HOW to swim, but more convincing them that they CAN. Almost every single person over about the age of 4 (many sooner), barring any physical or mental handicap, CAN swim. Likewise, every single smoker CAN quit. Fear often keeps them from doing it, but if they would just trust their abilities, they COULD swim (or quit). Fear of quitting keeps many nicotine addicts slaves to their addiction. If only every smoker would believe that they CAN quit, there would be no smokers at all. Whenever I see someone on here, after they've had a slip or a relapse, say that they "can't" quit... or that they just don't "have what it takes", I think about swim team and about how an utter hatred for that word was deeply engrained into my brain. If only we all had that same hatred for the word. Maybe we would think twice before giving up if we�d all been taught as kids that �can�t� just isn�t acceptable. But since most of us didn�t have to go through grueling punishment every time that horrible 4-letter word was uttered, we don�t have that same negative connotation, but I think we should develop one. The word �can�t� just isn�t acceptable in my book and has no place in a quit. The next time you think you �can�t� think again (or tread water with your hands on your head for 5 minutes� no, wait� I�m a lifeguard! :p ) Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Stu, you CAN quit smoking... but more importantly, you ARE quitting!!! I'm so proud of you for getting back up to do this again! You CAN and WILL succeed! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 178 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $735.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, I�m glad I didn�t have your coach! �I can�t� is not allowed in my art room. The alternatives are �will you help me with this� or �I�m having difficulty with this�. Students can always reach out for help, but are required to believe in themselves. Just like the SSC � we can always reach out for help, but we need to BELIEVE we can do it. Like my students who �can�t� draw a triangle, but who CAN write the letter A and draw a line under it, we at the SSC realize that we CAN live without smoking just like we did at the beginning of our lives. Good post BFS. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 354 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2301 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$472,232.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5381 Hours: 15

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS, What an inspiring story! You make many good points and it was a joy to read :) Know that we CAN do this and we CAN all help. Take the time to look to the positive and know that you are not alone! Well done, Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: