Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,661 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

A Tekkie Question, or 2

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, While the pictures of beautiful beaches etc are great. We are trying to keep these images at a bare minimum. This site is intented for smoking cessation support. We as moderators completely understand the reasons for putting the pics on the site. However we must stay focused. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Duffis!! And yes your mud is clear as my mind, so I understand LOL. I am so glad I have found others of my kind in here who speak mush LOL. At least for now that is my new language. Perhaps after this week I may graduate to jibberish, but I am more hopeful than expectful. :p I was really wanting to just put a fun smiley image for people who are in celebrating their stats (6mo, 1 yr, etc.). I am going to try the messenger thing now, wish me luck :) Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hey Sunflower :) I love CA. It is HOME for me, I swear when I lived on the east coast I never truly felt 'home', know what I mean? That's why when I got here I never looked back and I am lovin every minute of it now. Now I will be able to enjoy this gorgeous state I call home now because I am no longer infiltrated with the blackened deathly smoke that kept me from living my life to the fullest. Well Sunflower, now you've gone and INSPIRED me to make a list of everything I desire to do and post it. Thank you for the ray of sunshine!! I look forward to reading more of your posts too! Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Ok no luck. My luck is rotten. LOL. Especially with tekkie stuff. I think that is why I love it so much, because it is never as it should be and is always challenging. OOH here's a thought: could I have been the one challenging myself all these years and the world of illusive befuddlement whizes by me giggling ferouciously and pointing it's little global finger @ me? LOL. I've emailed tech support so God willing this Easter I will have licked another tekkie challenge. Will keep y'all posted. Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Ok I give up... How DOES one get an image in a posty???? Anyone???? I've tried several times and it seems that you would need to write the html code out to grab it off your photo site or a place where you have your images stored on the web. I do know that if you try to get one on from your own computer it will only show up on your computer and not anywhere else on the internet, unless someone else has your exact file folder name with all its' subfolders and image name exactly as you have it, then it would show up on their computer too, but that's just 2 computers out of the entire world your image will show up on LOL. When I tried doing it with the html link to my photo album site it would not show up in the preview window so I could make sure I was doing it right, and sure enough I wasn't (lol). Any tekkie help for this one??? I am also having a problem with the instant messenger, it will not connect to the server and I keep trying for a week now. I have Norton and keep wondering if the firewall is preventing it for whatever reason--it normally is the case for issues like this, but I want to make sure I get it to work the right way and not have Norton shut down or affected-- any help on this issue??? Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eve, I had the same question as you (the first one) a couple of weeks ago. My post was locked by the tech team, so I assumed that we are not allowed to discuss this kind of things...For yor you 2nd questions I think you will get help from other that had the same problem. BTW - Welcome to the board, I have enjoyed reading some of your posts. I live in California too. I moved here from Sweden 10 years ago - what a adventure that was:-) Carina [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 832 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Eve we gotta stop meeting like this LOL. Here is an answer to the ssc IM problem you may be having: If you already have the SSC IM Messenger up and running, you need only to log into the messenger when you log on the site. This way it will always be on and you will have a better chance of contacting people. You can also increase your contact list every time you post and look through the threads you will find "add to buddy list" just click here and they will be added to you messenger. It order to talk to someone they must also be logged on For those of you that are having trouble follow this: 1- Delete any version of the SSC IM Messenger you currently have 2- Download the following URL http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe 3- Download the SSC IM Messenger Should take care of the problem. As to the photo upload problem: If you don't feel like playing with code and all that then go to photobucket it is a dot com and the registration is free. All you have to do is follow the yellow brick road and browse for the pictures you want to upload into your Photobucket Album. From there when you want to put an image into the SSC post photobucket has the "img" code on your pic you just have to copy and paste into the SSC post. Clear as mud I know! :p Hope it helps. Duffis aka Bob
  • Quit Meter

$283,956.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6814 Hours: 23

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: