Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,655 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

I really don't want to smoke....

18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys... and Shevie.. that's what I'm afraid of lol... I once quit for most of a yr (around 10 mos?) and then bam, picked it right back up... amd I really don't want that to happen lol.. *hugs* Pamala [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay... my original quit day was Friday March 24th... I got till that next Thursday evening and slipped... I smoked.. BUT it was SOOO AWFUL that I jumped right back on the wagon... I reset my quit meter for Friday March 31st... and since that slip.. I haven't wanted one cigarette at all... none, zip, zero, zilch, nada, kein... The ONLY time I think about smoking is in the past tense and when I'm here... and even then my stomach starts to turn... I really feel like a non-smoker now, I have absolutely no urge to smoke.... Is it me, or is this really weird and am I the oddball here? I'm not even suffering from any of the "symptoms" of quitting since last week... that first week parts were REALLY HARD but this past week since that slip... I feel like I'm just sailing along... okies just had to ask how weird that is.... cuz I'm thoroughly confused since any other time I've tried to quit it's not been this easy at all.. except part of the one time I quit for about 10 months or so... Pamala [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Pamala. Sounds like the difference between then and now is your attitude. This time you really do want to quit more than you want to smoke. The slip may have done you good because now your most recent memory of smoking is bad. I [u]do not[/u] recommend that as a quit method or aid. It's a very Russian Roulette method, but in your case it may have worked. Stay on guard, Pamala. When someone has it real easy in the beginning, they sometimes become complacent and then get knocked down later on. I'm not saying this will happen, and you shouldn't worry about it. Just be aware. Congratulations on 7 days quit. You're doing great. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 319 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1212.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pamala, Maybe you were really ready to quit this last attempt. We all want to quit smoking at times with no plan established. It sounds to me that you are really not wanting to smoke:)! Think of this as a turning point in your quit. You are not an oddball or weird! You are now a non-smoker! Congratulations! Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: