Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Mental image.

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree. You have a wonderful attitude! You will succeed! I just noticed this weekend.......... It is probably all in my head, but I still like it anyway........ When I walk by my sister-in-laws house (across the street), I can actually smell the ashtray stench from the curb. They smoke in their garage, so maybe I really can smell it.???? Let me tell you, an ashtray is not a pleasant smell. I now walk on the other side of street.......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just keep what your doing and your 1 year will be here before you know it. I am amazed at how fast the year has gone. I will be around to congratulate you on your 1 year :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 347 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,692 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2602.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Like I said on your other thread, I like your attitude and you are going to be successful with this quit I would say. Maybe you should keep that bucket of butts as a reminder of what you could be doing to your lungs. Congratulations on your 27 days quit, that is awesome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 347 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,683 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2602.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you my friend, yes - I will win this time. I appreciate your encouragement. Your stats are AWESOME! I hope I'm always trying to catch up to you and that I never actually do! That would be good for both of us!
  • Quit Meter

$99,913.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 11

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was working around the yard this weekend, the snow cover is gone and the weather was warm. It was perfect to be outdoors. As I started to clean up, I noticed cigarette buts all over the place. All around the front door, all around the rear deck, all around the garage doors, everywhere I used to go to smoke. I grabbed a bucket and I started to pick them up. I stopped counting when I hit 100, and I was picking them up basically all day. I'd think I had an area clean of them and low and behold I'd find two or three more as I walked by. The bucket got pretty full. I looked at it and I imagined myself smoking each one of those cigarettes. There they were, all in that bucket, and in my lungs there are still remnants of each and every one of them. They were old, weathered and decaying, they were basically rotting and man they did not smell good. That in my lungs? I had a few urges this weekend but that bucket of butts image and what they did to me was firm in my mind. There was no way I could have smoked, just no way. I really had no idea I smoked that much or of the mess it made around my place. I feel like I'm waking up from a long bad dream. I am so glad I quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 957 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$99,913.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 11

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: