Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

:-(...feeling down

18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey ang, I'm sorry to hear you're in a bad place. I think we've all been there and was probably one of the main reasons we picked up smoking to begin with. It's awesome that you're still maintaining your quit but you definitely need to find outlets to release stress. Do you enjoy taking walks or hiking? Maybe some photography or some other hobby? As long as you find something that you will enjoy and keep you busy and content, your quit should be safe :) G'luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 161 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ang - hmmm... well I cry (alot sometimes) yell at somebody, get frustrated and go for my mall walks, go for a ride on my motorcycle, sleep... plant flowers, call a friend, post here and read the posts alot, listen to music, read... -anything to distract me and get me to put one foot in front of the other... Do what feels good - plant a flower, do a search online for something that interests you, watch a butterfly outside the window... Feeling down, for me too, has been and is part of my journey. I am also finding, through the down times, what I really like and don't like, and what I need, so it's a blessing really as it's an intimate self journey... Hang tight, dear one, you are not alone. Blessings- Healer ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,006 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ang Here is what I know about feeling down. It's temporary and soon you will feel different. Right now you may be in the pits, but I assure you that this will pass. Life isn't always about being nice and rosy. Sometimes, life can be rough and hard, but it will change. I've had many many downs in my life and I'm sure I'll have more, but I've also had moments of happiness and success. I remember many many yrs. ago thinking that my life was over and I could never be happy again. Well out of that experience I went on to a different life and was given things I could never have imagined. At that one moment I truly believed my life was awful, but only by going through that was I able to appreciate what was to come. You are doing a great job in your quit and you are wise enough to see that you won't accomplish anything by lighting up. You are inspiring others in their desire to keep their quit. Don't give up on yourself. We here at this site will never give up on YOU. Stay safe and take a big hug from me. Vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,712 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1169 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Feeling a bit down about things...family problems and even the smallest things are getting me down. I am trying to keep a semi-positive attitude, allow myself to be a bit. I know if I try to pretend i am happy or try to not be sad I will end up just feeling sadder. But dont worry i will not smoke, although I entertained the though a bit. But it wont do anything. The best thing in my life right now to be happy about is my quit!! if I ruin that I will have nothing really to feel hopeful about. My self confidance has been low, feeling low about my appearance my abilities. If I give up and smoke ill feel even more low and self conscience of my abilities. At least I know I am strong enough to quit smoking through a bad period/time in my life. What do you guys do when your in a funk..? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 304 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $480 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$23,737.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 444 Hours: 19

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When you're in a funk, it's time for a reward....look at the money you have saved......I say you deserve a treat of some sort! how about a snazzy outfit? or a new hairdo?? or......both??? Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1550 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 202 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$158,945.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 19

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ang, Your 60 days is outstanding! Keep trying to relax yourself and take the you time you deserve. Life may be hard but you can make it easier :) Take one day at a time and do a little something for yourself everyday. Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: