Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Ugh! Blah!!! :-(

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ang, Stay strong, we are all here for you. As each day passes, you will be faced with different situations to test your strength and abilities. Do not give up, stay strong and you will succeed in everything and anything you do. It is most certainly difficult dealing with stressful situations such as the threat of your family moving on. Take this time to spend with your loved ones. Take Care, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey girl, I am sorry to see you so sad! :( You have worked really hard on your quit and its been motivation to me as well as others I am sure. Hang on and Hold your head up high....tomorrow will be a brighter day!!! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 347 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ang Keep your chin up and focus on the positive. If you need to, write down all the positive things you are getting out of being quit. Keep that list close by and read it a hundred times a day if thats what it takes. We have very close quit dates and I can't imagine giving up the 40 plus days I've worked so hard for, I would hate to see you give up yours either. We may have craves from time to time for a while, that will come and go, and we must learn to deal with it. You said yourself that you had not even thought much about smoking until your brother offered you some, you can have that back, just fight through this junkie thinking that you're having right now. You CAN do this. Once again, just focus on the positive! Stay Strong Sheila ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey everyone, I am feeling better, not 100 percent, but definately not craving smoking as much as before. not at all really. just a bit sad about other things but not enough to do anything but cry. thanks to everyone who replied to me, I feel like people know and care. I love hearing peoples experiences the most because they are the truest to me and inspire me the most. nothings more special than the power of a personal story. my brother doesnt smoke but he likes to teaseme thinking ill end up smoking again. sometimes i am very careful of the words and things i say about smoking to my family because i am scared im gonna seem hypocritical if i fail. because thats wat i did last time and i ended up failing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $368 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$23,758.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 445 Hours: 3

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Feeling intensely sad right now. Mostly of loneliness. My best friend emailed me from Japan today. Reminds me of how much i miss her. My brother announcwed yesterday hes moving out with his girlfriend wen my parents divorce. So it will just be me and my mom wen we move out. I am angry at him but am being okay with him. My sister also refuses to move in with us wen we move either. o well. My brother just went to drop off some movies just now and said to me "do you need smokes?" I dont know if he was serious since he knows I quit. But it made me sort of angry and i said no. I than had an intense craving for them because up until them I hadnt been thinking much about smoking. Also had an intense craving when i passed smokers last night. I saw them before i walked by, feeling sorry for them. But than i still got cravings. I m not used to being around smokers. A friend of mine came over awhile ago but i wasnt around wen she smoked I told her 2 go outside and I stayed inside. I know i cant avoid smokers for much longer and all that. I hate myself for craving them because i dont want to smoke, but its like my body remebers. I want to be able to say i never crave and that I dont miss smoking, but i cant all the time. I dont know whether this will pass with time or if this is something I need to work on. I have been drinking more I guess which isnt good. Trying to replace it I guess, not a very good idea though. Junkie thoughts kep crowding my head and sometimes just logically knowing that my junkie thoughts arent true and are false and stupid isnt enough to make them go away. I want to stay quit. But i dont want to do it with willpower always craving a cigarette but never smoking. i want to be able to say i quit and never crave ever. Who wants to live their life wanting something they cant have even though its the worst thing you could ever want? I am just crying right now, I have been crying alot lately. I thought my anti-depressents were working. i hate feeling so like sad and heavy inside all the time lately. I am trying to keep myself from crying because it is too painful but cant seem to. Sorry, I feel like i gotta be positive all the time and lie even if I am feeling crappy hopefully soon feeling better. You know that saying they say smile an
  • Quit Meter

$23,758.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 445 Hours: 3

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ang. Hang in there sweetie. You have been doing so well in your fight to beat this horrible addiction. There is so much I want to say to you. I wish I could reach through this computer, give you a hug and go on a nice long walk where we could chat. Guess I'll just have to type away and this might get long. First of all, you are one of the most courageous young people I know. You are a determined young woman with the ability to stand up for what you believe in. You are also intelligent enough to know that smoking isn�t good for you. Secondly, you are going through so many changes. You have quit smoking and that is a battle worth fighting because you are fighting for your life. When we quit smoking we have to learn how to face the issues life deals us without running and hiding behind a cigarette. I am a lot older than you and I have a hard time doing this myself. I�ve been watching you quit and you are doing the things it takes to be successful. Just keep doing what you have been doing for the last 45 days because it is working. Third, leave the drink alone. I have seen alcohol ruin more lives and it is just as sad as smoking. You say you are depressed, I�m sure you know that alcohol is a depressant. I was married to a man that I loved with all my heart, we had two children, and we were very happy. Alcohol destroyed our happy family. His addiction to drinking was more important than me or the kids. Don�t travel that road. It leads straight to destruction. Finally, you will not crave a cigarette forever. At day 59 I felt the same way, what is the point of quitting if this is how I�m going to feel every day? I�m here to tell you the cravings will go away. Now they are nothing more than an occasional thought. Keep taking your quit one day at a time and your day of freedom will come. I promise. There is life after smoking and it is a good one. You will be a better person because of the experiences you are gaining from this quit. You will be strong, confident and successful because you know that you can beat any odds. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things you will ever do in your entire life. I know your world seems to be falling apart at the moment and you feel alone. You are not alone Ang. Your quit family i
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ang, Hang in there girl!! You are doing the right thing. Your dear addicted brother was no help what so ever. I don't know if he made the offer to intentionally mess with you or just out of ignorance. Either way, forget it. Life goes on and you are leading the way to a new and better life. A life free of addictions. How great is that? Whether you smoke or not, lifes problems will be there, as well as the solutions to those problems. Why add smoking to the list of crap going on in your life? It doesn't make sense to me. You have shown me what a great fighter you are. I'm very proud of you and I believe you will continue on with your quit, to infinity and beyond! :p We are here for you. Don't worry about crying now and then.. anti-depressants don't stop you from feeling sadness now and then or crying, they just help to even things out. Keep on keepin' on! Tomorrow is a new day!! [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 307 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $752.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$36,332.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9768 Hours: 6

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ang, I wish that I could give you a hug too... You are doing really well with the quitting, just remember how far you have come, I remember when you first joined SCC, I was so encouraged by your positive attitude even though I have more months behind me. When I quit I read an amazing book by Allen Carr, "The only way to stop smoking permanently" It is supposed to be read before you quit, but he says it will work after you have quit too... It really makes you see the whole smoking thing in a different light - YOU SHOULD CELEBRATE LOSING AN ENEMY RATHER THAN GRIEVE THE LOSS OF A FRIEND!!! Cigarettes are murderers disguised as your friends. The only reason they make people feel better is because those people are suffering nicotine deprivation in the first place because they are addicts. I really think this book would help you. Keep coming back to the SCC, we will all be thinking of you. Celia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1657.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$99,915.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4671 Hours: 10

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ang, With all the changes going on in your life, it�s certainly normal to feel depressed. Listen to what Lady said. You are doing the right thing and IT WILL GET EASIER AND BETTER. Many of us waited way too long to come to our senses. Hurray for you for getting rid of this terrible addiction while you�re young. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,712 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2060.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$472,326.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 16

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi ang. ~huggs~ it does get better. just know that i was there once, too. but i've made it a full year now. I sent out a cry for help here once and everyone pulled me through. if you're interested, do a search on 'slug bugg'. not my most sunny moment... but one i got through. you can, too, be good to yourself. ~hugg again~ [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,451 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2422.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$52,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 18

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: