Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,678 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

The importance of rewards !!!

18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WooHoo...If I knew a trip to Mexico was on the reward list I wouldve quit ages ago!!LOL!! But...the speedo thing makes me want to head to the North Pole!LOL! The most reward I have given myself is a hot bath. I guess I bought me a new purse the other day. I need to get on board with the rewards thing...I think my husband will just tell me that I already buy myself whatever I want and that the "rewards" thing is just to buy myself more. I must admit, being a stay at home mom, I probably would rather have a hot bath and James Patterson book. I am addicted to James Patterson! Anyways I better start doing something for myself, if nothing purchaseable then something relaxing at least! Way to go on your Stats...can't wait to be there myself!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 317 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CJ. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful trip even with the speedos..shudder, shudder....! You are so right about how important rewards are for us. I have taken that to heart and will soon need to find a web site to help me with my rewards addiction. lol. Glad to have you back. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/nature-smiley-009.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,761 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $605.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just got back last week from my trip to Mexico for my 100 day reward !!!! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL !!! I am still in awe at how many smokers there were and how many places you were allowed to smoke ( People were smoking in the threatre at the resort !!!). I was also amazed that not once did I have an overwhelming craving even being exposed to constant smoke ( I was also amazed at how many men wear speedos. I am still having nightmares about that haha).Back to the subject !!! Rewards are one of the most important things you can do for yourself no matter how large or small they are. I felt so good knowing that the reason I allowed myself this trip was because I deserved it for coming as far as I have in the last few months. I had a great trip but glad to be back . I missed ya'll !!! CJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,547 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $355.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$63,610.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6426 Hours: 6

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ, Glad to hear you had a good trip. Sorry to hear you had to endure watching men in speedos! :8o: I'm one of those who thought that I couldn't afford rewards and thought that they had to be expensive. I considered them a "luxery" instead of a "necessity" which is exactly what they are! It took a while, but I have finally jumped on board the idea that they are VERY important! Glad to have you back! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,461 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back, I am glad to hear your reward was so successful. I feel that rewards are VERY important in our quits and feel that some don't see the benefits of them. Congratulations on your wonderful reward and 127 days quit!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ, Congrats on such great stats! You are absolutely right! Rewards can make a difference to a quit. Making a list of inexpensive or personal rewards can help you achieve milestones and goals. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: