Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Quit Smoking - Heres Why!

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kizzer, Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I pray that your friend will make a quick recovery and may he live a long and healthy life. If this doesnt make you want to quit i dont know what will. Thank you and god bless. Smoking is just not an option. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 299 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kizzer, Thanks for the update, we will send good thoughts his way! I'm sure this thread has impacted many and has saved someone from the same fate. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 83 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just an update - Sorry for dredging up the "past". My friend is doing amazingly well. He has a tough road, but he will have life after all the chemo and radation treatments are completed. He is sapped, but his spirits are like those of a child. Perhaps those who are on the fence about quitting smoking will take a lesson from this incident. Smoking is such a slow killer that we think of it in different terms than other possible ways to die. Silly. Kizzer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1822.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will pray for your dear friend Kizzer and for you too. Thank you so much for this post! It only inspires me too quit again. hugs, Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$26,718.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 584 Hours: 15

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. All I can think of to say that he is so fortunate to have a friend who is as caring as you are. There will be many difficult days ahead for both of you but your friendship will just grow stronger!
  • Quit Meter

$236,121.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5928 Hours: 5

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kizzer - So glad to hear from you today and I know that you are looking forward to a new grandbaby - it will give you a new lease on life that is for sure. And aren't you glad that you will have years and years to spend with that baby now? Your quit is amazing and you are such a support to all of us here. We have missed you! I'm glad that your friend is at home and that the outlook is promising. What a second chance he has been given! Here's hoping for a long life for him. Glad to see your post. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 777 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,800.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5859 Hours: 3

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kizzer - We'll all be praying for your doctor's appointment on Monday. It's a scary thing but know that you are not alone in this. Good news on your best friend. I have a friend who's mom is going through the exact same thing. She was told at first that her cancer was terminal and then it ended up in the lower lobe of her lungs and after two sessions of 6 weeks each of chemo the doctors say that her tumors are gone. They are going to do one more bout of chemo to make sure but she has received a new lease on life and a miracle. We will pray this for your friend as well. Relax this weekend - treat yourself! Island Girl
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,800.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5859 Hours: 3

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kizzer, Thank you for posting today, I have been watching for a post and today I found it. What wonderful news, it isn't often we hear the news that you posted today. I am so thankful that your friend is home with his family where he should be. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and your friends. As I said before prayer is a powerful tool. You are right this kind of things test our very being. Please keep us updated on you friend. Congratulation on your huge 173 days, I know how proud you must be, and we are proud of you also. This quote says it all: [quote] If anything good comes from this, it is the fact the he, along with all those who know and love him value life so much more now. [/quote] Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,083 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $427 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$229,878.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6395 Hours: 6

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kizzer, my heart breaks for you and your friend and his family. On March 7th, 2005 my husband found out that he had lung cancer. He had smoked for years and also had asthma. He was in the hospital for three weeks, we came home on the 30th of March and he died the next morning. We had retired early so we could enjoy life. Life just don't seem fair sometimes. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. It is so hard to put into words how I feel but just know that I am thinking of you. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$229,878.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kizzer, I was just looking through all the new posts because I was looking for your name. I'm glad that you got to go to the hospital and spend sometime with your friend. Being through this with my husband I know how hard it is for all of you. But just wanted to let you know that your friend is in my thoughts and prayers. And so are you. God Bless!! SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$229,878.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: