Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,555 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

ARE THESE MY PANTS?

18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
omg, i had no idea that smoking burned calories. i thought quitting makes me more hungry and i constantly want to eat. that would be where weight gain comes in. ive been trying to eat the same and not eating sweets. so it really doesn't matter because im packing on an extra 200 calories a day? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NavyChief, Holy Cow, was what I said when I began to get things out of my closet for spring. I thought, I must be in the WRONG closet. But do you know what I can work on those pounds when spring gets here. That will just another goal to work toward. CONGRATULATIONS on your 28 days..... Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6397 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG!!! At least you had the courage to step on the scales!!! LOL!!! I am a stay at home mom so most of the time I am wearing jogging suits, or athlectic outfits and this past weekend I put on my jeans and almost had to lay on the bed to get them zipped. I know I am gaining weight right now rather than getting upset over it, I just think "One thing at a time Nicole! You can join Curves!" ;p Either way it's not worth smoking again I can tell ya that much! ;) Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $86.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holy Cow, hadn't had to put the uniform on in about a week. Put it on today ..WHOA! these pants are tight ! Had to adjust the belt! When I quit smoking I weighed 175 .. I weighed myself today ..187!! Its time for the Chief to start excercising more .. that weight went on fast !!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think Chickenstix is right .. when she says "One thing at a time"..I can handle a few more pds I guess .. What I was really shocked at .. was how fast it happened !!! Oh well .. we are all doing really well . Keep up the good work shipmates !! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,187 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Navychief.. you 'ol fatso.. lol Just kidding ! I put on 10 lbs in the last month. I realized that I was so busy not smoking that I was ignoring the fact that I had stopped watching my weight altogether. Well, when I was not able to wear my favorite jeans anymore.. I woke up. I stopped eating randomly and got rid of all salty chips and cookies.. and now the weight is coming off. I had lost 2 pounds of it.. when my son wanted to celebrate with me (for 30 days quit). LOBSTERFEST AT RED LOBSTER.. couldn't say no.. lol Probably gained the 2 lbs back but, tomorrow is a new day and a few less snacks and water water water and it will come back off.. Come on Navy.. get in shape.. lol ;) BTW.. congratulations on quitting smoking (got it licked right ?) Take care Knight !!! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you mean Navy Chief. Some of my pants are so tight I am almost to the.... lay on my bed, flat on my back to zip up..... point. I have accepted this and am now watching everything I eat. Watching as it goes in my mouth. lol. No seriously I'm trying to be good. Drinking alot more water too. Boy you'd think with all our hard work quitting, we shouldn't have to worry about something else too. Like wouldn't it be great if all our wrinkles disappeared and peoples' eyesight got better? I know, I know, longer life span, healthier body, better smelling, more self-esteem and more money is just going to have to be enough for me. I'll take it!!!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/emotions/blowkiss.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Smoggone that bites! Literally too much biting is what I am doing. lol. It seems like you are doing all the right things. Don't be discouraged though, you must be keeping off lots of calories with all the excercise you are doing. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,576 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh i can sooooooooooooooo relate to the thread! red r i have a great pic in my head of you on the bed,pull away old gall you'l get there!! :8o: my point is ,if we burned 2oo calls with the nic what about all the effort of me picking up the pack getting one out putting it to my lips finding the lighter and lighting it and then all that lifting and dragging surly that burned loads more calls that we cant take now!! :8o: omg i think i will have to give up eating! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �572.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I go to the gym, walk 2 miles every day and I'm gaining weight. What the hell is that. And I eat practically nothing...really. Not alot of weight....without exercise I can only imagine... blimp status. :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: