Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Rather Disappointing Weekend Guys! :(

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicken, We are all here for you! Vent away my friend. You know where we all are when you need us. Take Care, Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey guys still trying to figure out how to work this i have 33 days in and so far so good and i work in an office where they all smoke at their desks! the worst my boss chains smokes 3 packs a day and he sits in the office next to me!
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohhh cincere....he stinx...no doubt about it he stinx...he walked by me last night and the mood I was in, I just started B**chin'! I told him just how bad he stunk and how annoyed I was to have to smell it...I think again he thought I had lost it...it sort of came out of nowhere....all he did was walk past...THAT WAS ENUFF! I won't let him make me relapse when he really wouldn't make me I would just blame him...I am a big girl who makes her own decisions...I will not smoke....never! Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
I am sorry if I came off as a B**CH but well maybe I just should quit talking today I don't think anything I say is going to come out much better! Here's to tomorrow!
Okay all else aside, if anyone knew me before I quit knows that I am a very independant person. I could walk down the street naked if I felt I wanted to. I am not influenced easily by others and I make it a point to live that way and have a lot of people who have different kind of respect for me. I may not always do whats right but I do what I want and I want to quit smoking therefore I will succeed! Aint no doubt in my mind...I just don't want this smoking thing to drive a wedge between me and my husband to where I feel I should just smoke so that he doesnt bother me as much (his smell, his breath....etc.) I also didn't feel that I was having a pity party I am just absolutely in the worst possible mood today then I have been in quite some time! Sorry to drop the bomb on everybody! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Thanks everyone! I do appreciate the support though I still think that the problem won't be solved by sending him outside or in the smoke room or to the moon for that matter, it will be solved by him quitting. Somking may not have defined who I was but I felt it was a part of me and the longer my husband continues to smoke whether it be around me or not I will know and I will struggle. I know that I don't want to smoke anymore but I also know that I eventually will say "What the hell, if he is going to then I might as well!" Thats the main point. That's what worries me. I know I loved the nicotine and it wouldn't be hard for me to start back up. I just hope that I keep strong for myself! Thanks everyone...I just feel like a big ole ball of gloom!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
I know I know. My quit is for me. I am doing it for myself. I don't really want to smoke anymore. I know that my husband has to decide when he is ready and that is something that I cannot rush. I just wish he wouldn't have told me he would quit at my 2week mark. Its not that he thought I wasn't capable of making it 2 weeks he just didn't think when I stubbed that cigarette out and said "I'm done!" that I was really DONE! He is supportive of me and encouraging. I am not mad at him just disappointed really. He says that he needs to feel like I did and he doesn't yet. He doesn't want to set himself up to fail which I absolutley understand. If he is not ready then he is not ready but I was just like a big balloon somebody just let the air out of Sunday morning when I smelled him smoking in the smoke room. No it doesn't make me want to smoke or anything, like I said this is for me and I ain't afraid to be a "trend setter". I just was so excited he was going to quit with me, I just feel so...let down, and I know I can't really tell him this. I don't want to guilt trip him into quitting so I came in here and vented. Hopefully this gets me out of my slump. I am feeling a bit blue and I believe this is the cause. Thanks for letting me complain in here so I don't make my husband feel obligated to quit. He is just as free to make his decision about smoking as I was.....but it doesn't mean I can't grouch a bit today about it!! :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi chickenstix. I find myself in the same boat as you and while it is hard, we must never forget the power of nicoteen and it is our addiction we want to conquer. Not our husbands or anyone else. We want to be free of this awful affliction.It stinks,it takes away our sense of taste,smell and breath. etc. etc. My husband and I quit together and when he started again, I used that as an excuse to fail. I relapsed. Needless to say,It wasn't long before I began to struggle with bronchitis, the inconvenience of it all, not to mention the disappointment and concern my children brought to the table. I have since quit again. I tasted freedom and I want it back. This quit is proving to be just as difficult. Please. Do not be foolish. We can beat this demon. Psst... can u imagine...we use to smell that bad too.. :)
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I disaree with Rusty, especially if there is a child in the house! Secondhand Smoke Kills!!! Everyone deserves to breathe clean air especially children. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,392 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stix, Hang in there girl. Talk all you want rant, rave, kick, scream, cry, whine, *****, moan. don't worry about it. Just don't smoke no matter what. You have 15 fabulous smoke free days and you don't want to have to do those 15 days again trust me. I've been back and forth on this stupid addiction and going back to it really sucks. Let me tell you that when I slipped a month and a half ago the cigs tasted so bad that I can't believe that I had the second one. Just Say N.O.P.E [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$24,892.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 631 Hours: 17

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: