Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,538 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I DONT THINK I CAN DO THIS.

18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JAN!! You are lucky I didn't see this until just now or Madam Knight Stix would've drawn her sword and slashed all thoughts of smoking out of your pretty little head! ;p Don't make me come find you on yahoo...you don't want to ruffle my feathers! :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just a minute!! there is only one type of quitting allowed here! OK You keep on about letting us all down, I think that you are letting yourself down more than us - BIG TIME. 130 days !!!! that is cosmic to someone like me, you would be an absolute fool after all that you have achieved. Not to mention the wrong message you would give to newcommers. Go on, tell me it is April 1st or a dream. :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bogbott. Heres my take on this...for what its worth... I used the patch instead of the gum so this is just an opinion. You have been using the gum now for an extended period and by doing so you continue to experience the highs and lows of fixing (with nicotine) and withdrawl(whereby you need another fix). It seems to me that this is keeping the addiction in a lively state. Maybe you should consider the patch so that u can experiene a steady supply of nicotine and then u can wean down til its gone. This won't solve all your mood swings and cravings but it may stop the cycle of needing a fix. Whatever you decide, 130 days is a great beginning and you don't want to start all over. Stay strong. Stay quit. And keep close to this support group. It's awesome. :)
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, I am blocking all exits. bogbott is not getting out of here! I also have some rope for her hands if it comes to that. Yes jan you are right, you would be letting all us down. You are one of the lovely pros. we look to for advice and guidance. You CAN NOT let us or yourself down. You would feel like crap and end up spending a week in bed anyway. What will that one stinky menthol cig. do for you anyway? Oh yes, I've got it... you would feel horrible!!! You know what you have to do to get out of this funk, so do it!!! Tough lovin' [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/thnosmoke.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/1488b620.jpg[/IMG] Here is Jan riding off in the sunset on her caravan with square wheels!!! Whee!! I know you wouldn't want to smoke in this beauty. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YOu do not want to smoke! You do not want to stink! You do not want to give up all those hard won days! Hang on in there Bogbott...........and post away......... Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 551 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �390 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thchris_sword_critical.gif[/IMG] Where is that Junk talking Nick, that little devil cant hide. Ill take care of him for you. Knight Cuddle a'lot at your service
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
im fighting junkie talk i know! is it coz im still on the gum? i so want to smoke right now,the only thing that really stops me is i'd be letting you lot down and i;d lose the freindships i have.i sat in front of a nice lady in a cafe and she lit up the menthol ones that i smoked ,i could well have asked her for one!if hubby had not been with me i would have ! this is soooooo hard,im at 130 odd days and i may as well be back at 30.i lay in bed with a cup of tea and so want a fag to go with it. im sorry its getting me down again i'll propebly be fine tomorow! i just wish i could have aimee looked after for a week and quit the gum altogether and just go to sleep for a few days!im not blaming her but i know i cant handle her very well at the best of times! its my fault not hers. i love you guys and hate to let you down but im loseing my grip right now. jan xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,361 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �529.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you guys are awsome!!!!i think my wagon has square wheels ,thats why its such a bumpy ride! as iv.e told lady[she came chaseing me with her broom on yahoo!]i away over the weekend in our new caravan[the one thing i said id like if we gave up!and we picked it up today,"it has a loo and hot water!!!"] maybe the time away will help me get things sorted out,i to think i makeing it worse by being on the gum but im not sure im strong anough or ever will be. i promise i wont do anything stupid ,i need to quit the gum that is the answer,its just doing it again and not falling back to smokeing ,i am scared. thanks for your never ending support love ya jan xxx i will be back monday.
18 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan listen to golfman he is so wise, you need to get off the gum & stop torchering yourself. surely a week of nic withdrawal cant be as bad as the highs & lows your putting your self through. You might not even have withdrawals just the somethings missing feeling I know your strong enough to over come this. I wish I could take Aimee for a week for you, but just think if you do it now you will be nic free & sane by the Easter holidays & you will all have a great time away in your new caravan. luv you Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,049 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $401.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: