Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Feeling empowered!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tanya, Great post, Keep up the great work. You are doing fabulous! Take Care, Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I toltally agree, it is *#@ts like this that really gives us the motivation - sock it to im Crazy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to share something very empowering that happened to me yesterday at the gym. I attended a spinning class for the first time. Everyone else in the class has been going to it for years and I was the only newbie but I did my best to keep up and I managed to last about 45 min of the 60 min class. After the session I had a conversation with a 60+ year old man who has been attending for about a year and is in amazing shape. He told me to keep coming back and I said I would but since I recently quit smoking, I may have to work my way up to getting through the whole hour. He said to me "Oh, that's great you quit but you'll start smoking again. Amost everyone does!" I could not beleive that he was saying that to me! He told me that his wife smokes and that it's okay he accepts it because she will never successfully quit. I said "Well with support like that who can blame her" I told him "You will see me again and I will show you that it is possible to NEVER smoke again!" I told him very firmly that YES! I DID QUIT SMOKING FOREVER BECAUSE I WILL NEVER AGAIN TAKE ANOTHER PUFF - NOT EVEN ONE! To which he reluctantly said "Well alright maybe you won't." So my it's my personal mission to attend that class every week and to show him that it can be done. It felt very emowering to say those words to him and I can't wait to prove him wrong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,187 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tanya, yes some ex-smokers did start smoking again, my father & brother are some of them. What most of these smokers failed to realise is that smoking is an addiction to nicotine, they live their life under the false pretence that smoking is a 'lifestyle choice' or a 'habit' that they enjoy & thus find it difficult to stay quit. I'd say a lack of smoking education / awareness contributed towards these failed attempts, they are quite happy going through life and feeding an addiction. Due to the 'in your face' non-smoking education via. laws & publicity i'd say this will become a thing of the past. It is very hard for never-smokers to understand out plights. keep it up, i bet you're feeling great. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 413 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,342 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2684.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$12,502.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 625 Hours: 15

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~And so you shall for you have the ability within you to prove him wrong if you 'believe' you can! :) Heck, I believe I can get my taxes and my laundry done TODAY if I'll stay focused~lol [img]http://planetsmilies.net/9819.gif[/img] laters~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $910 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: