Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Coffee or Tea???

18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Grovekitty, I had the same experence that Silver did, my coffee actually tastes better. I find my self instead of craving that morning cigg that I can't wait to have my morning coffee. Weird huh? :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $227.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey folks.....just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. BIQ (before I quit) I use to down an ENTIRE pot of coffee in the morning. Had my routine, and dadgummit I stuck to it. Now, AIQ (after I quit) I can barely choke down my first cup, and I am craving tea (Red Rose, of course, with lots of milk). Weird or normal? YOU decide ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 711 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $317.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Brent, my Nan was a Brit thru and thru......she swore that she could tell if you had poured her tea into her cup BEFORE you added milk. (big no-no apparantly)... Thanks for the info everyone....I was just curious, as I still WANT the caffeine (oh baybee, do I ever) but just not in coffee form. There seems to be an aftertaste, and it leaves my tummy feeling a bit sour. Tea on the other hand, seems to be OK. I do drink Diet Coke once in a while, generally one can in the afternoon....but that's about it. Water the rest of the way...... I'll do that search you spoke of Joe - my hubby is trying to convince me to quit caffeine too. At this point in my quit I am politely telling him not to push his luck ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 713 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $317.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Hey Rosie...... you guessed it. Canuck thru and thru......however I now call Florida home. Good thing it's no longer "only in Canada, you say.....pity" ;p have a good one, eh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 711 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $317.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Groovekitty, I totally get what you're saying! I too am knocking back the red rose like there's no tommorow. I use to drink 2 cups in the morn. and that was all. Now, I drink 4 or 5 throughout the day. I am on my 3rd as I type this. It seems to be my comfort drink. By the way are you a Canadian kitty? Remember "Red Rose, Only in Canada you say? Pity". ;) I hale from Nova Scotia. I am laughing as I sign my name, It's not about the tea, really it isn't! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] Here's to you! [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/coffeecup.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 826 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $282.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Being English.......tea is the civilised choice for me! ;) Never could stand those rude coffee drinkers! Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �290 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone- my experience is different than those mentioned above. Coffee tastes better without ciggies! I said that I did not want to give up coffee when I quit smoking, and I have not. I thought I would discover a direct correlation between wanting a ciggie and drinking coffee. But when I gave up cigs, I found that the coffee actually had a distinct and pleasurable flavor and did not trigger a desire for a cigarette. I drank it previously for the caffeine only, I think. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $910 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yup, when i smoked i'd nock back 6 cups a day easy. I love my coffee, i also swore not to give this up but after i quit smoking i realised i was literally bouncing of the walls. I now drink tea instead & it definately calms the body. Changing from a cofee drinker to tea was a learning experience, i didn't realise cofee had such a profound effect on the mind. i still gotta have my morning cofee though. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,024 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2600 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$12,502.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 625 Hours: 14

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Groovekitty, Quitting messes up a lot of things for us and coffee drinking is one of them. From various medical studies it has been determined that "Epidemiological reports support anecdotal evidence, which suggests that smokers consume caffeine to enhance the euphoric effects of nicotine." Basically coffee and cigarettes go together. When we quit smoking that caffeine that we consumed has nothing to enhance and we generally feel the effects of caffeine more once we quit. Many ex-smokers either cut down or stop drinking coffee. Something else that I learned was coffee's effect on people who chew nicotine gum. "Drinks such as coffee or soda may block the effect of the nicotine in the gum so it's important to avoid these types of drinks before, during, and after use of the gum." Interesting stuff. If you want to learn more about coffee and tea in terms of their associations with nicotine, do an Internet search for coffee and nicotine. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 265 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $649.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$36,331.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9767 Hours: 21

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too became a tea drinker when I quit. My quit-friend Ros turned me on to Rooibos (African redbush) tea and I in turn got her drinking Chai lattes. Last week in Miami I had some wonderful jasmine tea and now I'm in search of it. Oh, I still drink a cup of coffee in the mornings, but after that, it's tea I want! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 419 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,753 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1466.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$54,808.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 7

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: