Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,679 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Warning, a TERRIBLE NEW DISEASE for non-smokers!!!!!!!

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hilarious! Reminds me I should try to be more patient with people. Yesterday I had been driving around a PACKED parking lot waiting for a spot to open up for at least 25-25 min. I was stating to get really frustrated, when finally somebody gets in their car( I felt lucky because it was right up front and it was a free spot), only they did'nt leave right away. They saw there were 5 cars waiting on me waiting on them. But they had to light their cigarettes first( there were 3 of them in the car). I was livid. Reading your post reminds me that only three weeks ago I was the one making sure my cigarette was lit before I started driving. Thanks for the smug check. Smenos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$81,786.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4811 Hours: 0

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, Brent, Brent: You are toooooo funny! Like I told you before, You always make me smile. Thanks. Bonbons
  • Quit Meter

$98,143.92

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5640 Hours: 11

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL. Reminds me of a saying "The only thing worse than a smoker is a non-smoker". Thanks for keeping it real. ;)[color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just reading one or two recent posts, and reflecting on my own 6 months, I have taken the liberty of bumping this. Hope you don't mind folks. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �910 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is with great sadness that I report to the community news of a terrible new disease that non-smokers are having to guard against. As if the fight to overcome the addiction is not enough, evil forces are combining to catch out the most commited non-smoker at any stage in his or her battle to regain life. Whether there will ever be any money for research or investigation, who knows. The dangers of smoking are well known and cannot be denied.......yet politics and profits overrule common sense. Just as we begin to really benefit from our struggle against nicotine.............. A healthy complexion..... Better breathing..... A wonderous sense of smell and taste..... And many, many other beautiful benefits, The symptoms start to appear......... Loss of memory........ A vacant stare........ Feelings of comtempt for certain people....... An air of superiority......... We forget the fight that we had to overcome the evil addiction, we fail to see the struggle that others have to succeed, we start to look at smokers with feelings of disdain, we gain a haughty personna as we consider ourselves to be above others. Then it is too late.....the disease has got you, like some rampant virus :8o: You are infected....people shun you and the devil that is nicotine awaits his chance..... You realise....too late....as the smoke rushes down to your lungs...that you have contracted..... SMUGNESS!!!!!!!!!!! Preventive medicine is the only remedy. Occasional visits to your quit journal...this site...to remind yourself that it was hard. Don't sucumb to this new disease, don't add your name to the memorial........ Mad Englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*thinkN this was an VERY entertainN read* So what do U think Brent? Do I look smug or do I look proud 2be free of stinkerettes? N2k [img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2584/cool0wn.gif[/img] ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,542 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $805 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"Smoking is the leading cause of statistics today." -Liza Minelli Great post, Brent! You da Man! Cold Turkeys love Smokey Jokes. Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $596 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Brent. Sometimes, it is very easy to forget where we were just a very short time ago. Thanks for reminding us. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, Brent, Brent..... You are one funny dude! Hey, I had "Feelings of comtempt for certain people......." long before I quit.. ;p Your post points out good stuff .. my other long quit I had, back in 2004, was defined by "SMUGNESS". That was one of the reasons I lost it.. I was one nasty quitter! I'm much nicer now! :p [b][color=Green]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit.[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,413 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $627.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$36,349.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9772 Hours: 17

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amen Brent! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1004.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$795,147.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5685 Hours: 15

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: