Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

WOW! He smelled BAD!

18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Isn't it amazing? Tonight I went to the store and I swear, I could tell the smokers and the non-smokers that passed me in the isle. I was playing a game as I shopped .... He smokes, he doesn't, she doesn't, she does, oh boy, he really, really does, she doesn't, she does, they do, they don't. A few weeks ago I was standing in line and the guy in front of me absolutely reeked of the most retched tobacco odor ever - I came very close to losing it! If we could bottle that smell and sell it to people who want to quit � we would be rich! hahahaha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG this is so true! I am a sahm so I don't go much of anywhere during the week. Well right after I quit I had to go to the dentist with my son. I got in the elevator and I thought someone had been smoking in it. The smell was so horrible and strong. I did find that it was a woman that had used the elevator about 15 minutes before me. She was in the dentist office and I thought I would die until I got away from her.
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is interesting...in the first couple of weeks, yes I could smell people who smoked, but it wasn't too unpleasant. This, the end of my third week, the smell has become truly gross - my son still smokes (outside) and I commented to him how BAD he smells: it really is bad indeed - funny how the smell changed in week 3 to a foul wreak.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know i felt the same when i got into my car and it smelled so badly. I cant believe that i never smelled it before. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is hysterical :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tried the perfume folks but got funny looks from other guys and the dog.......... Brent
18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GREAT POSTS !!!! I mentioned in a post yesterday, that I can even tell now when smokers have been on the elevator. It is disgusting !! There are also 2 people here at work that smoke and I do not even want to get near them they stink so bad. I am still in awe that I ever smelled like that. To my wonderful husband who dont smoke, and my cat whose name is actuall "smelly cat" and i dont think he smokes, I apologize for ever smelling like I did. I can actually smell my hair and lotion now !!! CJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,551 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$63,569.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6422 Hours: 3

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Both of my daughters wouldn't even hug me because I reeked of tobacco smoke. They would just say "I'm not hugging you Mom, you stink". Called me "Smokey Joe" & "Stinky", never Mom. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1017 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LMAO @ Luci-lou!!!!! I'm literally wiping the tears from my eyes!!! Thank you for that! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This past Friday, I was getting ready to go out of town for my birthday weekend (tomorrow's the actual day) and my landlord came to my apartment complex because my neighbor locked herself out and he had to let her in. He's an avid smoker and he walked in the building while I was still in my apartment. I knew a smoker was in the building because I could smell him while I was still in my apartment! Well, I was getting ready to leave and I walked out said hi and took a breath. UGH!!! BAD IDEA!!!!! How disgusting! I had to run, NOT WALK, out of that place. And I thought that I'd be OK once I walked down 1 of the 3 flights of stairs, so I took a breath... NOPE! He stunk up the entire building!!!!!! I've smelled smokers before... even after quitting, but this guy is the worst! That was actually a really good start to my weekend because I knew that I was going to be faced with wanting to smoke (which I was), but the memory of RUNNING down 3 flights of stairs to get out of my apartment complex was enough to keep me from lighting up. How did we not know how bad we smelled? Really?!?!?! How is that possible! I actually want to write a letter to every single non-smoker I've ever known in my life and apologize for reaking so badly! OK, so that's a little extreme, but wow! I almost wish I didn't know how badly I smelled then. And I wonder how many people had to RUN away from ME when they were around me?!?! Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Has anyone actually TOLD a smoker how badly they smell? I'd love to hear the response! Share your "that person smelled REALLY bad stories" and what you did about them. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: