Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Message to the ash kickers! (from a Madman)

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
brent, Interesting stats. That is certainly something to think about when quitting. We don't just want to be another could have's right!??!! So lets beat these stats and all stay quit!! Keep up the great work everyone! Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kk, We are all here when you need us. Stay strong and keep close to the site. Take Care, Melanie ________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent I always look forward to your post I love the encouragement you give to everyone and I adore your humor you brighten my day and enlighten my quit thank you. 17 days it keeps getting better all the time! Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 477 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $62.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Brent, It's good to look at it from that point of view!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, I haven't been able to post lately. SUPER busy at work and it'll continue through the end of the month...then I'm off to do some snowboarding in Steamboat, CO for a week :) I'll keep checkin in whenever I can. I think of you guys often. I quit because I can. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go those of us that are still Kickin. I know there are others that need to check in with the group, but I am kinda bummed that there are so many missing. I don;t get it how did the Jokers get so many in OCTOBER when there seemed to be tons of newbies like me at New Years? THanks for keepin an eye out and a word of support Mad Englishman. FYI my secont 7 days is tomorrow and I already got my wife on board for a reward. ;) Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$24,937.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 632 Hours: 19

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so happy to say that I remain in that 30%!!! Thanks for the observation and the post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 444 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys and girls, just been reading your thread and noticed something interesting. Stubow produced a list of all the Ash Kickers that had sighned up at some point to the group. It came to 43 names if my counting works. Later on, there is a very much smaller list of 13 names (one of which was a late joiner taken in by your very hospitable group). That means that about 30% of you remain. There are two ways to look at that statistic.........what a shame that 70% of the group could not succeed on this attempt. Lets hope they come back having learnt from the experience. The other way to look at it is WHOOPPEEEEEE!!!!, way to go guys and girls cos you are the ones that have made it! About 30% of people succeed on a quit (seen it somewhere in the stats that I have read). So, I don't care if you have craves, I don't care if you have bad days......it all pales into insignifcance cos you folks don't smoke! Brent :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, Very good observation. Although sad, you can count on a few dropping out for one reason or the other. Thats just the facts of the stats. Gaga, there are 2 ash kickin jokers and 1 survivor ash kickin joker still lurking out here. We WILL see you at the beach. :) Have a nice smoke free day. Tony :) Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hopefully they are just busy and havnt had time to post. or they will turn up later and try again. brent you are and awesome madman Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: