Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Staying quit but missing the camaraderie...

18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm fond of the breathing thing too~lol Hey Thanks so much Janet :) If I go AWOL it's not because I needed a cancer stick. It's because I need a new PC! Let's Keep marchN! (and breathN!~lol) ~good C N U! N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,256 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $740 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've only been gone 5 days ;p I miss the old gang too but some of us will never go far. :) Personally, I'm having some pc probs at the moment (thus no email 2U explaining my disappearance) I'm on a borrowed laptop at the moment. (I'll be back N here 2drive U N 2 the light *lol* as soon as I can get mine goN again) Cold turkeys that live it the mountains need surge protectors!!! N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 147 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $735 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
N2K, hey you, glad you are back.....sort of wondered if we'd lost you to the nicodemon in the sense that you are such a part of the camaraderie and hadn't seen a post for a few days. Still doing the healthy, smoke free march tru life. This site and people like you are the only thing that make it fun some days. Uh, and breathing...yep, always enjoy that! Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 176 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $880 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I see so many new code-names; I must admit I'm feeling out of touch! I feel like a ghost who missed the bus that goes "into the light"... The names that became so familiar w/similar quit dates are few & far between these days. Is that normal? Some stay on to encourage the followers while others move on? Mc
Thanks for responding, Joe. Funny, it hasn't really been that long but I remember early in my quit [s] hoping you would be around to respond w/sage advice & sometimes a good finger-wagging when necessary. Now, I feel like you're an old friend. And I respond to the newbies when I feel like I've been where they are. But more often, w/the NRT questions & what-not, I don't even know how to to respond. I guess I shoud just encourage & not try so hard to advise, huh? Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $544 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Oh, I understand. I am one who, normally, can only ck in during the work-day, 6:00 am to 2;30 pm, Mon. thru Fri. It is by the grace of J.D. that I am even awake @ this hour to post. I just fondly recall the heady days of our early quits and what a soap-opera we were. Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $544 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Yes'm, I am here. Goin' crazy w/ the dern Computer! [Four-letter-words]!!! I just composed a wonderful post but my computer didn't like it. Thank heavens I refreshed & discovered your response. Kenny Rogers or Lyle Richie would say: "Lady- Your my knight in shining armour & I love you!" (I'm sorry if I embasrrassed you.) Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,041 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $544 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW MC this is like a reunion in the middle of the night. I remember when I had been around for a couple of months a lot of those that quit with me started dropping out like flies. A lot of them were still quit they just went on with their lives. There are those of us that stick around trying to help out others. I believe that in helping others I help myself. People use to post that they were fine and going away for a while. I use to hate that. It was like friends moving away. :) I'm your fellow cold turkey quitter and I'm still here. Don't plan on going anywhere for a while. Just keep posting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 197 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $689.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mc, Do you remember when you first came here? For me, when I first joined the site, there were SOOOOOOOO many quitters that I didn't think I'd ever get the names straight!! And then I'd see people post things using members' real names when they didn't post their real names... they just knew them and I thought "I'll NEVER be able to do that!!! I can't remember names in real life! How will I remember names of people here?!?!?!?" And yet, I do. As do you. When we first joined, it seemed to overwhelming, but we got to know the people here and they became our friends. Sure, they're our friends that we've never met, but they are still our friends... some closer than others. But the point is that if you could do it once, when you joined the site, then you can do it again now too. Don't get discouraged because there are so many new names here... think of it as an opportunity to meet new friends. And don't feel as though all of the old names that you grew to know and love that are slowly vanishing are leaving because they started smoking again... most likely, they are becomming comfortable enough in their quits that they don't have to rely on this site 24/7 the way we did when we first came here. So both of these things are actually really really good. I hope you can see it that way. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG]
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mc, Such is life. Change is constant. ;) [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $597.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$36,330.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9767 Hours: 15

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: