Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Need a little help!!

18 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jess, What you are feeling is normal for alot of us who quit. Pat youself on the back for not putting on the shoes and walking to buy the cigs. Come here and post...it helps alot. Mo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Since you guys are the only ones who can understand what I am going through I need help. For the past couple of days I have been miserable.. Wanting to smoke so bad, even going so far as to putting on shoes and almost walking out the door and getting some. Being just plain old "nasty" to everyone around me, Friends, Family, and my Boyfriend. I feel like I am in a constant state of BAD PMS.. Headaches, not sleeping. Like I said just miserable. I know that different people have different experiences but I thought it was supposed to get better by now. Another thing that's been happening is I feel a sense of loss.. How strange is that? I feel like I have lost a part of me and it makes me sad. Has anyone else gone through this? I don't want to lose my quit but I have read so many of you try 1,2, even 3 times before you really give it up and I am afraid that's going to happen to me. Is that what I am supposed to go though to really stay quit forever? I know that I am being oh poor me but I don't want this addiction to win, Please help me.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Thanks guys!!! I am a little better now. Still not smoking.. I guess what I need is maybe to vent some more.. tshot2- I�m hanging, Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone in this. Lady - I would love to pull up a chair with you anytime. You are an inspiration to allot of us. Kitty - You can do it!! We will stay strong together.. Fullse06 - thanks for not sugar coating it for me!! Love your style.. kk- lmao, where would I be without you!!! I actually had a visual of me running down the street in a clown costume.. It�s actually pretty funny.. Thanks for that!!! kickin ash 06 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
thanks bfs- you are so right qnd I am glad that you made it through your night as well.. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Lucy, LMAO.. I got my shovel ready, u say the word and I am there for ya babe... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Megama, We are walking to that beach together, Well in a few days of each other. I was almost where you are, but I decided to come on here instead, even if nobody answered my cry for help (which I knew wasn't gonna happen) it was still better than going to the store. You can do it. we are here for you, talk to us. I am glad that if I need to scream i can come here, you can too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amen fullhse06! Jess, I don't care if you are a crabby butt. I don't care if you have to dress up in a clown costume and run up & down your street honkin a big freakin horn in order to preoccupy yourself. You know this will pass and if those people that are on the receiving end of your moods, well, the ones that matter will understand. I guarantee your loved ones want you to succeed in your quit and are proud of you. I know I am and I barely know ya! Spend more time on this site, vent to us if you'd rather do that. We can take it! Whatever it takes Jess...you can do it! Don't be a junkie. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Jess. I'm happy to hear you are pushing through. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess, Hang in with us. Every time you get the blues, come talk to us. We are all here for you during the good times and the bad times. We all get them, just don't give up. You have come so far, 11 great days. You haven't lost anything that you needed. You've gained the rest of your life and some good friends that care about you. Please don't give in to the cravings, fight with all your might. We know that you can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jess, you said exactly what i have been feeling and yesterday i walked into the cig store,paid 4.80 for my brand, come home , smoked 8 cigs since yesterday and guess what? It only made me feel worse. I didnt feel relaxed, it tasted dog nasty, smelled putrid, gave me a headache, disapointed my husband and children and now i lose my 10 day quit. I have a really hard time expressing myself and how i feel, so i just hide in my smoke...What ive been thru in the last 24 hours is in no way as bad as what hell week was. I didnt expect to grieve for my smokes so bad.. In 25 years of heavy smoking, this has been my first attempt to quit, im going to keep quiting no matter what and i hope to see you here so we can celebrate our new way of life together.

Reading this thread: