Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Diva news...

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I'm sorry you are having a bad day Diva.  Just know we are here for you.  You will get through today and maybe even enjoy the time you spend with your father.  The time out of the house may even help.  Try to remain positive and it will be over before you know it.  Let us know how it goes.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey,

Didn't have much time to enjoy the new patio. furniture as it keeps raining. But it looks great and the next sunny day is mine.

Today I am having a sh**ty day. I feel little and sad and blah and on top of it my hubby can't seem to stand me and wants nothing to do with me today. On top of it, it is father's day and I am supposed to go out for a supper for my dad and all I want is to hide under the bed and stay there till tomorrow. It is gray and miserable and all I want is to just hide and cry.
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pretty good for no editing Diva!

Sounds like you have been busy! Thats great.  Congrats on the new furniture! It may have been extra work but at least you feel confident in your decision.  Have you had a chance to enjoy it yet?

I know what you mean about cabs, they are sooo expensive!  Think of all the exercise you got anyways!  Save money and burn calories .

I hope you get a good rest tonight.  Everything will seem better once you have a good sleep.

Let us know how your weekend goes!

Ashley, Health Educator
Hey Furgitit,
Thanks for all the kind words and the lovely compliments /blush. I feel very touched by them. You are so kind. I am glad you are here. And thanks for reminding me I will get through this and survive. and you are right, in tough times I have "Our Place" to come to.
Oh and thanks for the tip for the leg thingy! 
As for the phone for some odd reason it makes me anxious...
Thanks again for the lovely reply. I hope you are well.

Hey Sarah,
Well, I guess I can talk to my doc next time I see here whenever that is... She was supposed to get back to me on something and she hasn't... I will call my clinic next week.
And thanks for all the kind words they mean a lot.

Since I last posted...
Well, I walked with my mom. I ended up walking all the way to her house. Nice long walk. than I had supper with her and her hubby and spent part of the evening with her. The walk and the evening was nice and did make me feel better.
Then hubby came to get me and we watched tv. It was nice.
Then I slept badly again .
I went to lunch with my mom. then I ran errands and did the groceries. Then I walked all the way home with the groceries. I thought my arms would fall off lol. Hubby said to take the cab next time but it feels like a waste of money to me. It is close enough to walk. Then when hubby came home I told him of  some great deals I saw on patio furniture. as we have none, he was thrilled. so out we went again to buy patio stuff. But to be thorough we went to other stores to compare prices. Hours later we ended up buying exactly what I had first seen... But hey, we did our due diligence... so we actually have patio furniture!
Then I realized I was hungry and exhausted and depressed and sad and whiny...
So we ate and watched a good tv show and a movie while cuddling on the couch. That helped. Then I went to bed and had another crappy night!
I don't like taking sleeping meds, but I think I will take it tonight because I am exhausted! I mean out of my mind tired! Today I am so tired that everything feels huge and tough and horrible and I feel fat and ugly and lame and bleh! I might take a little nap... For sure though I am taking my sleep meds tonight I want sleep!!!
Anyway, that is my update sorry for the long winding post I am too tired to edit and anyway, I always ramble  
14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

We all know that lack of sleep can have a profound effect on other aspects of our life. Have you spoken to your doctor about the side effects of this medication? Has he/ she suggested anything to combat your dry mouth at night?

As furgittit mentioned, you deserve all of your happiness! You have worked hard for all of your successes and need to enjoy each of them and recognize all of your achievements so far. Although this may seem difficult, don't forget that you deserve each and every one of these good things in your life.

How are you doing since you last posted? Did you find the walk helpful?

Sarah, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,
My turn, you deserve to be happy, you deserve all of the good things in your life and more good things than you have.  You will get through and you will survive, I believe now that no-one is happy on a regular basis and we all just have to make what little happiness we do have last as long as possible, 10 seconds or 10 years.  When the happiness goes and the sadness, confusion and distortions set in we come here to "Our Place" where others understand us and never judge.
As for the restless legs, I have been using Seroquel at night to help me sleep through the night and this has helped the restless leg thing as well.  Just a suggestion, I love my mood and sleep med's.
You are not lame, you are supportive and caring and good and kind and busy and helpful and, and, and.......
I love the phone, because no-one can see you, you can pretend that you are doing well and no-one knows otherwise, people can't see you with bed-head and pyjama's.  The phone is a wonderful way to have contact with the world without letting the world actually touch you back.
Hey Josie,

Thanks for the peptalk!
I am super tired today. I can't seem to sleep properly lately. I can't stop waking up to go to the bathroom (most likely because I drink so much cause my meds give me really dry mouth!) and I wake up for my legs feeling edgy, like restless... Annoying! Enough whining about that anyway...
Today, I did tons of phone calls I had been putting off. I hate using the phone. Dunno why.
I am going to go for a walk. Hopefully that will cheer me up. Atm, I just feel awful. I have so many good things in my life and I feel like I deserve none of them and like I will lose them because I am so lame...
Anyway, off to my walk!
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

You are very deserving!  Take a look back and your accomplishments and achievements!  You have progressed and are being very active about your progress!

Josie, Health Educator
Hi guys,

Had a rough few days. I feel lame and fat and ugly. I feel useless and lazy. I am so tired. I feel sad and guilty so easily. I feel undeserving. 
Hey guys,

Well today I slept all day and decided it was ok lol. I was so tired! Hubby came home early. I am going to go and spend time with him and do a few thing around the house. I am voting myself a bit of me time also to take a bath later. Basically I am voting myself a break!

Oh and last night, while I was being an insomniac (before taking my sleep meds), I actually managed to advance my book synopsis for the first time in a very long time. Woohoo!

Feeling mellow and lazy today and giving myself the right to be however I am! So off I go to vedge out!

Reading this thread: