Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

down (overwhelmed) and out (avoidance)

15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Goofy,

I am glad the saying "This too shall pass" helps you. It has helped me a lot. It brings me peace in the middle of the storm. I repeatit, remind myself of it. It is like a mantra or a lullaby to me now. It has seen me through tough times. I am glad I got to share it with you :)

I am also glad that you are feeling a bit better. A bit better is better then not better :) It is tough though when better gets here so slowly..But hey we will hang in there all of us together and remember: "This too shall pass!"

Hiya Mom of 3,

I do that too sometimes. Not post. Not talk. Just kinda shut down and think and try to just cope. I call it falling off the face of the world lol. I find I need it sometimes to figure things out. Then when I am ready I remind myself to reconnect with people so I am not isolated. So take the time you need to think and figure things out. Then remember we are all here for you .
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom of 3,

Don't feel bad,  we just missed you.  Hope you feel like posting more often soon, until then just know that you are missed.  We share the good and the bad around here.  You know your in my thoughts and prayers.

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Members,

Wildcat - I loved your last quote about sharing pain and joy..........it is so  profound.

Mom of 3 - Hope that you are feeling better and that your thoughts are slowly shifting into something more manageable and positive.

Thanks for sharing,

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MO3
if you felt it, I am sorry for projecting so strongly.
I wish you could release some of your pain.  A pain shared is a pain halved.  A joy shared is a joy doubled.

For some reason it works, even on-line.
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All,

Wildcat - I feel your pain.  I don't have much else to say except that I wish for stability too. May we both find it.

Rose & Goofy - I haven't been avoiding you.  Just feel like a real downer.  I needed some time away from my thoughts. Some time to get my panic under control.  I felt like such a whiner and found myself being very negative.  I've calmed down but it meant doing some shut down stuff that I didn't want to do.  I'm just tired and needed a break from even my thoughts.  At least I'm not a panicked mess right now. I've stopped by and read posts.  It made me sad to think that you all felt I had abandoned you.  I even tried to reply but found myself unable to, so I'd cancel.  I'm sorry for that.  It's not that I didn't care, just felt like I didn't have anything to offer you.  I'm sorry, I hope this explains my absence. 

15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, thanks for asking...I'm okay.  Was rather down and out - now just sort of down and out.  I have your saying "this too shall pass" as my screen saver.  It inspires hope.  How are you doing, haven't seen you for a while.  Hope that means things are well.

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Goffy, how are things with you?
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks rose.  but right now I was noticed for those 20 minutes this morning and am being asked to discuss what is going on. Asked to vent the negativity and and discuss ways to make things easier...

but you know.  I am still sore I feel like a trapped canine ready to chew a limb off to save myself from more suffering!  and if I open my mouth AGAIN i am going to be in worse water. In the past two weeks I have had two encounters i really do not need any more!

I am in Montreal and reasonable accomodations are a VERY touchy subject especially with the cultural envirnoment here. You know the company has a sketky accomodations polocy but without that doctor's paper i have nothing.  I have had one appointment with the dr and now can't find him because he is on call at the hospital (I am not going there, forget that!). 

And you know, the boss tried.  She read a few pages on bipo.  Looked at me ... and well if you have not lived with the illness /depression you have no idea what it is like to have your will broken. I think I was declawed

I really wish I better understood what I am going to live with.  I wish I could say I will be like this every 27th of the month for 4 days. I wish I could say the light is now down to 9 hours and till it is back to 11 hours I will be like this... or if I eat like this I will be miserable ... but is all this and so much more and it is driving me batty   . 

I want the magic formula to relative stability.  I want my pain to stay between 3 and 5 and the anxiety to stay below 5 at all times. I want stress to be below 3. 

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Wildcat,

Sorry to hear about your work situation.  Is it too late to resolve the issue with your boss and find out if there are any supports or programs available at your workplace?  Do you have a trusted colleague that can help you through it?  Hang in there and keep us posted. 

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
couldn't you go to HR and telll them about your condition - they have to make reasonable accomodation in america, that could be an hour on the computer in a depression center! if you have 10 years invested try to stay, if you can. you could even confront the busybodies and tell them you wouldn't wish what you have on them. i know bosses are ignorant, though. they should all be required to take sensitivity training classes. one job i told them i had depression - she looked at me like i said i had 3 eyes - she said i didn't know you just had a baby. they only hear of "post-partum" depression and have no clue. they need to get a clue! i used to be like that frazzled in the morning, yelling at my son to get ready, let's go!!!!!! lay everything out the night before set clocks 1/2 hour forward have hooks or shelving right near the door with everything on it that you need. i know how you feel. sometime's it's like a jungle out there and we are without teeth or claws to defend ourselves. you didn't steal anything of any great value - jeez thiefs are those enron guys and those wall street guys, etc etc etc. take care of yourself, don't beat yourself up - seems they are doing it for you. fight back!!

Reading this thread: