Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Still depressed!

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok what about the mental activity?
puzzles, the cut up picture kind and the newspaper words and numbers.  And riddles.
how about music and other hobbies?

Thanks to youtube I am getting to know a bit of lithunian folk music that I forgot I knew as a child.  And I get to explore a whole world of literature.  I bought myself a book today on how to decorate wood, tin, cloth, and metals.  I hope next week is a bit nicer and I will get some new puzzles at local garage sales... I like those that are in a ziplock bag with one or two missing pieces and a no picture !!! the final result is a wonderful surprise and the journey there is so much fun with my gang!
15 years ago 0 172 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Danielle,

Physical activity is very difficult at the moment due to the amount of pain I am in.

The only thing i do is walking from the house to the car and I have trouble with that some
days.

I know that physical activity really helps with the depression but my body lets me down on that score.

15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gabs,

What do you do for physical activity?

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
Thanks so much for your respnse, 
I had my last appointment yesterday with my doctor. I get to meet the new one on my next visist.

They have increased my dose of antidepressant.  Not sure how I feel about that.
The dry mouth and weird dreams i can cope with but the weight gain makes me more depressed. 
I am also concerned that it will put me in a zombie like state. I will just have to take it and see.
It may just make me feel better? 

I am trying to be pro active in my mission to improve my life but the lack of motivation and the effort it takes just to shower and get dressed seems to drain me and bending to put on shoes etc a real challenge!

I am on 1000 calories a day and still gaining weight. Luckily, I love healthy food and enjoy salads and fruit.

The doctor has said i have to view my weight gain is a trade off.   Its a side effect of the tablets and should find a level.

My orthopedic consultant has advised me to keep my weight down as every extra pound puts added stress on my back.

And as for the weather, well its England, so we always moan about the weather but i really dont think i could handle no summer as we had last year.
It wont stop raining. Oh what a gray day!  Luckily unless the Thames barrier bursts we wont be flooded but parts of the U.K are already flooded out.

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gabs and welcome back.
   Everything you have to say is of great interest to us. I've missed your input very much.
I hope that your June back operation gives you some relief. Let us know how it goes and how you're communicating with this new doctor...

Patrick

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi gabs
welcome back.  you are NOT a burden to the gang.  The forum is here for us to release that negativity so that we can find moments to smile with our loved ones. 

what's the weather for tomorrow in your nec of the woods?
15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gabs,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time today.

At least you got an hour of ironing today! What's next on the agenda?

What do you have planned for tomorrow?

That's how it starts...small goals.

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
Hi Gang,
Its been a long time since i last visited the site.
I think of you all often but just have no motivation to even get on the computer or to read through the posts so i am very sorry for that.
Just another thing in my life i am not doing.

Ikind of felt that i had been away from here for so long that i coudn't find a way back.
Its like having friends that you just dont want to keep burdening them with the same old thing.
Thats how i feel.
Nothing much has changed from last year. I have changed meds, i have another back op for 12th June.
My doctor who i have come to trust is leaving to have a baby and i am stressing that the new one wont understand or have the time to help me. You know how it goes, same old stuff, over and over.
My family are all tired of it all and who can blame them.
They just want me fixed and so do I.  Ifeel that I am waisting my life slobbing around all day and achieving nothing.
Well, its 3pm and all i have done today is an hour of ironing. Where has my day gone? 
Why am I so useless. x

Reading this thread: