Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Is this all I have?

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nicky,

I am sorry to read what you have been feeling. It sounds like you feel stuck in some of your thought patterns. It also sounds like you have not been happy for a very long time. I can see how you would feel discouraged. This program and our sister site paniccenter.net will teach you the basics of CBT for both anxiety and depression. I recommend working on one program at a time. Medication in combination with CBT is considered the gold standard treatment for anxiety and depression. After a few weeks of working on the program you likely will see a difference. Have you had a chance to get started on the program?

The tricky part about feeling depressed is lack motivation. It can feel impossible to get motivated due to this and the truth is when depressed we cannot wait to get motivated. We have to take action first. Set small goals and step by step you will start to create motivation. What will your first small goals be?

Also,  have you spoken to a counselor about how you have been feeling before? If so, how did you find it? 

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm Nicola, 29 and from the UK. I've suffered with anxiety and depression officially for the past few years, I say officially because this is when it was diagnosed, but to be truthful I don't think I've ever felt any different to the way I feel now. I started taking Zoloft about a year ago, Citalopram before that, and all it seems to have made me do is binge eat. The way I look makes me depressed but I can not get control over my eating habits. I want to come off the medication but worry that the panic/anxiety attacks will come back. I went onto medication after I had a panic attack in a public place about 3 years ago.

I'm constantly seeking approval from my friends, colleagues and in particular men. I am in a relationship but I can't say I'm 100% happy but I'm scared to leave because I don't want to be alone. I spoke to my partner about it because I am always questioning my existence. I don't believe that this is what life is, but he tells me I'm wrong and this is how it should be, which to me is very depressing in its self. Work, come home, do nothing, bed and then work again, too tired on a weekend to do anything. Too tired because I am constantly judging myself and emotionally beating myself up about the way I am, the way I look, what I say, what other people must think when they see me, basically every breath I take. I've had enough but I can't break this cycle, I have been trying for over a year and it's good for a day or two followed by weeks and weeks of binge eating and misery. Can someone out there please help me? Please help me to get my motivation back? 

Reading this thread: