Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Crash and turn...

10 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I may just do that. Thanks.
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Leroy, 

I hope your daughter had been recovering well in hospital.  You certainly need to be there but you are also right - be sure to take care of yourself as well.  Nourish yourself with healthy foods and restful sleep.  Know that you can post on the forums at any time if you need to vent or in need of support!

Here for you,
Vincenza, Health Educator
I must confess that I have not been faithfully following the program for the last three weeks. My daughter has been admitted to hospital for Anorexia. My energy is going towards her recovery, although I keep telling myself that I will need to take care of me too. The initial part of the program I experienced has helped me cope with my recent family struggles.
10 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the forums Leroy.  What are you thinking now after looking through the program?
I appreciate your comment, and after looking through these many forums, I hope you're right.
10 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Leroy

Welcome.
You are not alone
Yesterday was truly an acceptance day or "drop your armour" day. Over the last couple of years, I've designated myself to be the pillar for the family, as my wife was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, my youngest has some serious OCD tendencies and most recently, my oldest daughter, has developed an eating disorder. Sounds like "crazy" has infected our home, but we are a great family and close in communication, so this compounded for me, coupled with a point in my life (43) of questioning where I'm at, was an excellent catalyst for a complete breakdown. I'm not suicidal, but I truly just want to stop. All of it. I've an appointment with my MD this afternoon but have enrolled in this program because I need some kind of hope.
10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Leroy,

It sounds like yesterday was an important day. Do you feel like telling us more about it? Or what do you think is important for us to know about you and what you are going through?

Ashley, Health Educator
Today, after years of trying to be the strong father, husband and friend, I came to a crashing, vocal, tear filled, release. It hurt so bad, and yet, felt so...  . Anyways, here I am.

Reading this thread: