Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Hello there, I am new to the group

10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're very welcome Sarah!

Be sure to keep posting. We want to know how you are doing.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ladies

Thank you for your messages and so far I am finding the programme helpful and am following the step by step guide and also filling in the activity log, goal planner and pleaseant activities sheets and reading through others experiences has helped too, also I started counselling today which has also put me intouch with a Cognitive Behavioural Group which may prove helpful to go to and listen to health professionals. The first step has been to realise I am not alone in how I am feeling and know it is ok to admit feeling like this and think I have found a great support group here and through my local GP.  Thank you all very much for your advise and support 
Hello Laura

Thank you for your reply, my son went away for 9 days and since he has been back the anxiety and paranoia have all but gone so I think you are right it was the time away which triggered it this time  
10 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sarah30!

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad.   I have periods of intense anxiety myself, so I understand how you are feeling.  There is much helpful information here and support to help you learn to manage those times.

How long is your son away for, and do you think that was the trigger this time?   

Laura
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sarah30,

I am sorry to hear you have been feeling this way. It sounds like the stressful and potentially lonely time when your son left triggered some negative core beliefs to start surfacing. The good news is if you work on the program you will likely notice a difference within a few weeks. We'll help you the entire way through. Begin with session 1 and take about a week to complete the homework of each session. You may need more time to complete the sessions and that's fine too.

Have you had a chance to check out the program yet? Any questions so far?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sarah!  Thanks for the introduction... it's not too long at all.  Welcome to the Depression Center.  I'm sorry you are having a resurgence of depression and anxiety.  Since the anxiety is so high right now, you might find the program on the Panic Center a little more specific to what you need.  If you go to the HELP tab on your screen you will find OTHER PROGRAMS listed and then can click on the PANIC CENTER.  I worked through the program over there which was a tremendous help in overcoming agoraphobia and social anxiety.  Very supportive group over there too.  Check it out and see what you think.  Let us know what you think!
Hello everyone,

My name is sarah  I'm 30 and I live in the UK and was recommended this site, I have had burts of depression throughout my life so far the most recent was a month ago, but have over the past 2 weeks began to find it hard to go out and have started to get paranoid and worry constantly about even walking past strangers incase they are thinking bad things bout me and judging me, I have no idea why I have been feeling like this as have never felt these symptoms before, my son has been away for the past week which is when these feelings started and I cannot understand it, I really want to take up jogging but even the thought of going out jogging on my own scares me incase I come across people and worry about how I will look and what they will be thinking. It is exhausting to feel like this because it is like a constant whirlwind of worying about being judged and almost like a small voice rambling on all the time which just makes me sound nuts I know but its hard to describe. I do have low self esteem and would like to learn positive ways to overcome this problem. Thanks for reading this and sorry if I have gone on too much 

Reading this thread: