Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Hello again...

14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys,

Thanks for the super nice welcome back! you are great!

And goofy, I look forward to your posts and insights too. Glad to see you again!
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Hello again! I am so happy to see a familiar face, but am sorry to hear of your relapse.  I admire your stick-to-itiveness!  I am sure you will again come out and top, sharing here and working this program.  I, too, had left, but realized that I needed to finish what I started and express some new concerns.  I look forward  to your posts and your insight on my posts!

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

Welcome back and thanks for sharing your past experiences here.

It is great to hear that even though you have had some tough times, you are determined to continue and work through the program. Although some of the content may be review, don't forget to take your time during each session and the home work. Your determination is admirable and like you said, this too shall pass!

Good luck with your studies in September and let us know how the upcoming weeks go for you. Stay close and you will get through this!

Sarah, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I haven't been on in a while, since july or so. Before that, I have been on sporadically at best (between being tired and having computer issues...). So I figured I would say hello again and reintroduce myself.

I was first diagnosed as an early to mid-teen. I was diagnosed with some anxiety disorders as well as mood disorders. I have had good times, sweel times, bad times and horrible times since. Since being first diagnosed with my first depression/burn-out, I have: Graduated from High School, graduated from college, got married, got seperated, got hospitalized, got back together, got lots of therapy, got medication, got off medications, got back on it, bought a house, lost my grandmothers, lost my beautiful cat Oscar, May they Rest in Peace, graduated from University with Honours... As you can see life goes on! Lots has happeneed!

The thing that has helped me the most through the good and bad times is the love of those around me and, well, therapy! The Panic Center really helped me too when I had a Panic Disorder relapse. I am glad to say, my Panic is still under control! Woohoo!

Things I have learned? Love is so important! Love for others but love for self!
I am a survivor! Storms come and go but I remain strong!
Working hard on yourself and your problems is so worth it!
Live in the present!
Like the commercial says: live, love, grow!
...Leanred a lot but will stop here.

Why am I here now? Simply put I relapsed and am still fighting to get back on top! My last semester of school, hmm maybe even my last year, was really tough and I burn-out and relapsed into depression. since then I have gotten help from my doctor and my therpaist. I have also joined the Depression Center. I must admit I have been lax in following the program but intend to get back at it! I got back on meds which was a tough choice for me but I really do beleive I have benefitted from it. Now, I am going back to school next september for my doctoral studies. I am pretty scared and I don<t feel ready. I am so tired. But I am doing better then after my last semester and I know I will get better :)

Reading this thread: