Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Turning Point?

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, a bit off topic, but I can go the Giants, too.  I like the Mannings (maybe too young for me, but I still think they are hot, talented and like the fact that each won the super bowl).  Josie, that means you might be out numbered   But I will add that I
I'm glad to see Favre back in the game!  

Mom of 3, crawling is okay.....just keep moving!

Hi Goofy,

Thank you for your post.  I read it this morning before leaving for work and your words made me feel better. I appreciate that you take the time to talk to me.  You have offered me much support, in fact, everyone here is very kind and helpful. I will try your suggestion.

I wish I wasn't in such a bad way right now.  I am truly having problems getting myself together.  I am not me and it shows, I am not even the same with patients and barely talk at work.  I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and I am dreading it.  It's a friend's wedding and I feel obligated.  My husband is going along even though I gave him plenty of opportunity to bail.  Another confusing item, he usually doesn't if it's my work friends.  In some ways going by myself might have been better for me, in other ways not.  I almost told him I didn't want him to join me but then thought better of it.  If he wants to go that's a positive - right?  And I want positives so I am taking him with me.  I am too afraid to hope for any more positives to come out of it.  So I dread it.  I would dread it if I went by myself too. 

I am hanging on and I promise to keep doing so.  I'm just not in a place that will allow me to hit the ground running, it's more like crawling.

BTW - I like football too.  I play in 2 fantasy leagues for that also.  It's just a very short season.  I guess my favorite team is the Giants. Find myself cheering them on, but I like other teams as well. Sometimes I just like certain players regardless of what team they play for, talent is talent.   
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea!

Positive compliments!

This is a great tool to post and keep near by for everyday reading and positive reinforcements!

Goofy..Keep those COLTS away from the JETS..I go where Favre goes!

(No offense, of course)

Josie, Health Educator
Mom of 3, I have no infinite wisdom - that bolt of lightening still has not struck.  When it does I will share.  I posted in this topic about sabotaging my relationships.  I don't know how to define that other than running people off.  I don't lie or steal.  I am trrustworty.  I just seem to do things that are not conducive to forming or maintaining relationships. 

I got an idea - why don't we all, go read other posts people have made to us about us - compliments, positives, etc.  and write those down....see how many times people repeated the same thing.  If it's repeated, it must be true.  I mean we are anonymous and we get no benefit from saying nice things to people if it ain't true.  Mom of 3, I especially think this might help you get some positive in your head.  I can ditto what Pete has said.  You welcome me, conversed with me, shared ideas, boosted my spirits, made me laugh, make me think (ouch), and are so kind and understanding.  I've seen you, in the short time I've been around do this over and over!  

But I must say, I'm not to thrilled with hockey, but I love professional football - Go Colts!  

You are still in my prayers (no offense to anyone).

15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mom, don't be afraid of your thoughts! you're human, you probably have some doozies - i know i do. good rose/bad rose. the lexapro really helps me. i know that's true, i've gone on/off and know the difference. do you take anything for anxiety? talk to your doctor, you shouldn't have to feel like a "wreck". like pete said, you're a good person, you're the 1st one that responded to me and i was grateful! baby steps - start taking the good advice you give others! hang in there......

One more thing Pete, it is a blessing that hockey season has begun!!

Hi Everyone and Thank you for your posts.  I am touched by your responses and you have given me a lot of support.  I am thankful that I found this group.  With that said, I am still at a place where I am unable to allow my thoughts to flow out.  Perhaps I am afraid of them, perhaps I think I am crazy.  I am a wreck inside. 
   Rose, you are correct. It is worth it if my son benefits.  You're correct about my husband too.  I tend to get more attention if I use the cold shoulder, but it's not me so it's hard to do. 
Diva, I always appreciate your support.  I know you understand.
   Pete, thank you for your support.  Your post put tears in my eyes.  I had hoped I had helped, but feel a little hypocritical about myself.  I'm great at "fixing" others, but not so great at doing it myself.  I don't practice what I preach in other words. I know I must pick myself up, just having trouble getting there this time.
   Brenna, I'll try to track my moods again.  It was just hard to always write the same types of things.  I became tired of it.  In some ways it was easier to check in here and talk about what others were talking about.  Not a wise decision, but the one I made.  I will try to put your advice to use.  I can't seem to stabilize the panic within.  I did start back on Celexa this morning.  I don't have much hope that it will help, but it's worth a try. 
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey mom of 3,

Thought of you. Thought I would ask how you are doing?
Mom of 3,

I'm just a boneheaded man and I have got no instant wisdom for you, but know this: I came upon this site not too many days ago feeling every bit as lost and desperate as my early posts sounded, and you were a major factor in my getting my head back above water and finding the motivation to work with myself again. Your kindness and willingness to send me positive energy, and just talk hockey at times,  despite your own problems, have made an impression on me. So, in my inarticulate and 'not terribly eloquent' way, I'm sending some of that healing energy back to you.

I know you'll  hang in there and come out of it stronger.

Pete
15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mom of 3,   I think we've all felt similar to you. Dig deep to find those things that make you feel good. Take some time to do activites with you and your son. What makes you happy? What can you do for you? Don't worry about making your husband happy, he seems to be having a good time despite your mood. Focus on you, do what you know you need to do. This too will past and you will learn from it. What type of goals can you set up to help you move through this phase?
  I also suggest you continue to use your mood tracker. It is important in both good and bad times to track your mood, feelings, and activities. 
    Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: