Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

I don´t understand.

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Noren,

First of all, I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way. You have tried a lot of different ways to get well; so, it is understandable why you are feeling discouraged and wary of other treatment methods. Not having any feeling of emotions is actually quite common in depression. Many people think depression is negative mood but this is not always the case. Having no mood is also depression. 

This program still can help you. It will take quite a bit of self reflection and it will require you to examine and challenge thought patterns that may be so ingrained that they are hard to even notice. To start , try not to put pressure or expectations on yourself. If you find just one negative thought a week and do one thing that MAY give you pleasure then you are doing a great job. Take baby steps. This will take time but with consistent effort I am confident you will notice a difference. Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Take care,

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Noren, It's great you decided to give CBT a try.. To try and give you an answer to your question: i don't know other CBT programs, i just know this here, but how this is set up especially between sections 2 and 5 could be just exactly right in your case. It really just sounds there's a "medication" in those sections... I guess it could be quite tiring to believe in another new magical method, but why not just figure it out, it may really be the missing piece you needed to get yourself where you want to be.. It sounds you must have gone through something terrible 20 years ago... so that all these started then..?
6 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I meant, I originally started treatment for depression twenty years ago, when I was 13. ECT was in like 2009 and ruined my memory and ability to think.
6 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How this will help with anhedonia. I haven't enjoyed anything or cared about anything for about ten years now. Tried every medicine and therapy, EMDR and ECT, starting ten years ago. I don't have distorted thoughts, because I think or feel nothing. I have agoraphobia and haven't left the house in a month, the bedroom in a week. Because there's nothing I want or care about and I'm only happy when I'm asleep. Doctors just keep prescribing the same fifty things, therapists keep telling me to do CBT. And I do. But how is that supposed to make me feel any pleasure in life again?Thanks.

Reading this thread: