Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,513 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

How do you plan for success?

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi eleveno, 

I like your approach in focusing on the goal and not necessarily the path to reach it.   It is a great way to focus on the present and find creative solutions to keep moving forward. 

Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sonia,

For me it is more important to set the goals than to create the plans. There are several possible paths (plans) to reach a goal and I concluded in my experience that it is not necessary to spend too much time or energy in creating a plan.

I just think what it would be the next step to bring me the goal closer and go for it. When I finish this step I go for the next step and so on until I reach my goal.

This works wonderfully for me and it would be interesting to know how other people do.
11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Members,

When pursuing a goal or making a change towards healthier behavior choices, how do you plan for success?

That is, what methods and tools do you use to help you prepare for the changes you are making? For example, do you use lists, reminder bracelets, do you keep a drawer of coping tools, etc?

Please share with us your best preparation strategies and tell us about how this planning has made a difference in your behavior change experience.

Thanking you all in advance for your input,

Sonia

Reading this thread: