Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Better or Worse?

12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jdoe,

I'm glad to hear that you're moving on and looking for the positives in your life. 

You mentioned that you took a walk to the lake and that this helped. It's wonderful that you took action and decided to get some exercise. Definitely, being out in nature and breaking a sweat can make all the difference.

Are you planning on making this trek to the lake a regular occurrence? If not, what other forms of exercise would you consider trying?

Please keep us posted,

Sonia
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just a little update..

I guess I am posting to myself again..They say self talk and self care is good for the soul so here I go..

It was a warm and sunny morning in the 60's today so I decided to pick myself up by the bootstraps and with my partner went to take my walk at the lake today..I read a article today when I got back about how exercise helps depression and anxiety and especially in a green environment, meaning outdoors..It is also supposed to lower your blood pressure and help prevent and help heart disease..This article stated that according to the research data that even 5 min. preferably 15 min. of exercise had been show to help improve a persons mood and improve a persons cardiovascular system.. This must be true because I felt like a weight had been lifted while I was out there today and that feeling has continued through out the day. I sit here and type this update about my journey..More like a journal really...and I am at peace...

Writing about this really feels good, so maybe I will start a personal journal on my laptop about my journey!!! 

Jdoe....
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank God the holidays are dwindling...

I am one of those people that suffers from depression during the holidays and dread it every year..I belong to the sister site the panic center and there is a thread titled Vacuum felt after Christmas..This was really hard for me to relate to because I really feel no sadness because the holidays are over. I start feeling a vacuum as the holidays approach a deep sadness and later a disappointment and loneness for what it was and now is.
I am still here and  alive I think which is a good thing. I am starting to pick myself by the bootstraps again and am looking for and at the positives in my life..I am looking forward to putting the holidays behind me and moving on with then new year.

They say fake it until you make it..This must be true because it has worked for me so far. I will recover and get better again like I always do..

Thank you Lord for you are always with me..

Jdoe...
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holidays are dwindling...

Some have extra vacation time...

What are you doing after the holidays, once the rush and franticness has died down?
Are you more relaxed?
Are you back on track?
What were you able to achieve throughout this time?

Reading this thread: