Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

The Bad, The Ugly and the Good

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy,

A change in enviroment can do little wonders, sounds like you enjoyed yourself in Florida!  Sorry about the structural damages to you home and I hope the electricity has returned to your son's home.  Despite this horrible disaster, it's great that you remain resilient .  Hope many more vacations are in your future!

Stay positive,

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, some of you may not know it but KY, USA and my town was hit by a very bad ice storm.  That's the bad.  It got ugly with no power, water, etc for 7 days for me, 6 days for my grandmother and my son still doesn't have it.  About 3 days into it, with 15 people living in one house, no access to food, money, or gas, kerosene, or other fuels (closest place over 1 hour away)....I said.....Let's go to Florida.  We left last Thursday and got back today.  Wow!  I needed that - a vacation - it was unplanned, unscripted but a great time, didn't spend much money, took in Disney World with the 2 year old granddaughter and the 98 year old grandmother, my son and his wife.  Rented a condo, did a bit of shopping.  And took both (granddaughter and grandmother) to see the Atlantic ocean for the 2nd time each!  What a wonderful trip, I feel alive, refreshed, renewed and you know the material things here (damage to house, all refrigerated food perished - it ain't nothing).  lol, more ugly - I had bills when I got home.  lol Life back to the old grindstone and I may actually be looking forward to it.  I hope that we can get my son's electricity on - there were 700,000 people in KY without electricity.  It's been declared a National Disaster.  I know it's horrible.....but my success is feeling alive, renewed, refreshed and planning another vacation soon! 

Reading this thread: