Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

A Restart!

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ralp2,

Glad to see your class went so well and that your spirits are lifted!

Enjoy and keep us posted!

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome Ralph

Post when you can....post some of your designs too.  Wikipedia here I come!  

Congratulations!!!!!

15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone! Well the first class went great! It is all coming back like riding a bike. I think one of the best things is that it really occupies my mind and gives me some real direction. Makes me wonder alittle what might have been if I hadn't gone thru the divorce I went thru while going thru Grad school, but then I wouldn't have met my wife and you all. God has a plan in there somewhere. It is a very small school, it is neat,because the chair of the art dept. and a bunch of other professors are in my class. Nice way to make some contacts. I am not putting any pressure on it though, just going to concentrate on enjoying the process again of making art, but I did teach college classes while I was a grad student, so you never know.
   If you would like to know more about printmaking, the easiest way is to go to wikipedia. It has the basic information. Right now I am starting out simple, but am working in linocuts, etching and aquatint. Got to go! It feels great to say, I have alot to do. Will keep you informed and will see if I can post some of my stuff so all can see. Finding it harder to get on here as much as before, but will be praying for you all
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Ralph!!
I am excited to find you doing well and having something positive happening.  Your wife sounds like a very special lady and you are very lucky.  I'd like to know a little more about print making as well.  Could you keep us informed?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! 

15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is GREAT Ralph!!!!!
I am glad you are getting to pursue your inner desires, follow up on print making.  Be grateful that you are in a position in life that will enable you to do this and also for the wife that supports you!  I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear how the class goes.  I understand your not mentioning the education, some people have hang ups about that.  But don't forget it is an accomplishment and you deserve kudos for that accomplishment as with any other accomplishment. 

Can't wait to hear more about the class and maybe a brief education on what printmaking entails. 

Congratulations again - look forward to hearing more!

15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Ralph!

That is so great! I am so very happy for you. It sounds like such a great exciting project! Please keep us posted! Woohoo!
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so Jealous!!!   I studies history and enghish lit at university (I am sure it does not show!). 
and I spend my days solving accounting problems.

I would so love to sew period costumes and dress up to teach at a musem... but dream jobs  
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ralph,

This is great!  Good for you for getting back to what you love!

Keep up dated and let us know how your class is going!

A masters in Fine Art ...well done!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
   I am very excited! My wife and talked and since we really don't need me to work and she loves having me just be around to take care of her, I have decided to take a class. I don't know if I have ever said anything about it,but 30 years ago I got my masters in fine art. However during my graduate program, I went thru a divorce. I hung in to complete the program, but when it was done, I dropped everything that had to do with art, got a job in business and went about the job of supporting a family. Always kind of felt guilty about not using my degree. Well starting thursday I am taking a class in printmaking( which was my emphasis in grad school) and am very excited about it. Started doing some research and was just amazed about how it all came flowing back. I guess they are right, once you plant it in your head, you do never lose it. Will probably be careful about a few things though. Will probably not say much to others in the class about my degree. I am proud of my accomplishment, but do not want others to think that I am a show off. Pride goes before the FALL! Also need to be sure I don't put to much pressure on myself. I am doing this because at one time I loved to do this. Whatever happens as a result of my involvement, is secondary. It is most important to enjoy this opportunity I have been given.   

Reading this thread: