Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

me or the house?

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Rose that is a fantastic success! Good for you! Sounds like a good day!
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome!  So proud you took time for you!  You did deserve it and I think you should make a day a week, a month or whatever and make a "me" day!  I think I'll try to do that ....sounds luxurious and we owe ourselves that!
Good for you Rose!!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No need to feel guilty at all! Good for you for taking the day to 'primp' yourself up!
I definitely agree that you feel so much better on the inside when you feel great on the outside. Taking a day to yourself is absolutely productive!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
hi rose

and after all that time on yourself how do you feel?  was it a "productive" moment?   Was it time well spent on you?

I learned a while ago that the world will not care if I take a half hour bath or do one more load of laundry.  So everything I own is a 'colour' of the washer and goes into cold water. I go into super-hot with herbal mix. twice a week.  Once a weekend when the kids are asleep so that there is no banging and NO SHARING!
15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello - i took a good look at myself the other day and realized i had really let myself go! so.....yesterday instead of dragging out the vacuum and the swifters and the pinesol - i decided it was my turn instead! the house is clean enough. i dyed my hair back to its original medium brown, took a long bath, shaved!, manicure/pedicure, plucked out about 1000 wayward eyebrow hairs, you get the picture. i took a me day! i feel better for it. i thought about what was worth more - me or the house. me or the shell i live in. me or the doing what was expected of me. what i expected of myself. trying to break rigid patterns. sometimes i find myself on automatic and when i do i stop myself now and say me or the house? or the whatever.....it's been a useful mantra when i'm torn between what to do or feel myself starting to boil or fix - me or the house? i think about me and it calms me right down and when i'm calm i make better decisions, don't pi## people off and seem to be in a better frame of mind. anybody else feel this way? does it make sense? usually when i "primp" i feel guilty, like i should be doing something more productive?

Reading this thread: