Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

new symptoms?

12 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of the things I have learned recently about my depression is that sometimes positive experiences in life can bring about symptoms. My doctor said that it is because we see how good things can be and that leads us into a downward spiral. Thats what happened to me. I told my boss I wanted to train for a promotion in a job that I don't stress over( positive ) and my husband and I are planning a trip to Italy for our 10th anniversary ( also positive ). Maybe the fact that your stepdaughter is behaving better and you are working on your depression has caused the new symptoms? Either way, try to stay positive and keep doing all the great things that you are doing to help with your depression. |You are definitely on the right track. 
13 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Blue eyes, 

It certainly sounds like you are heading in the right direction:  keeping active, eating well, going to therapy.  These are all, as you know, very important in maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle and emotional state.
It is possible that what you are experiencing physically might be due to a release of emotions or tension that has built up over time.  It could be our bodies' ways of 'detoxifying' from stress and negative emotional states.  In any case, it is good that you went to see your doctor for help, and great that you posted your experiences on the forums.  

Maybe there are members that have gone through something similar?

Hopefully the symptoms will subside and you can fully enjoy this holiday weekend.  
Check in with us soon and let us know how you are doing!

Vincenza
13 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone,
This week I have had really bad headaches, backpain, nausea, and dizzyness. Nothing has changed?? I'm still exercising, eatting well, going to therapy...what gives!?? I went to see the doctor and he sent me for urine testing and blood testing...he thinks I may have strained my back or have a kidney infection...I googled. All of this can be explained by depression and if it is my depression coming out in a new way...I don't understand. :(  Especially because recently, my Step-daughter has been improving. She's been far less abusive for 2 weeks today!. So why am I getting worse? You'd think that happy things in my life would make me feel better....I did have a fight(ish) with my mom, but my back pain started before that. Now that I think about it, an hour before. It started when I was sitting on the couch having a scheduled positive activity of learning french. I was super comfy all tucked in with pillows and blankies. I'm trying to be positive and happy...so why the possible new symptom??

Reading this thread: