Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,658 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

To: S

18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon, wow, Australia. Is that where your from originally? I'm sure in time you'll be able to do a lot of things you might have thought you couldn't. Try and focus on that throughout the holidays. Optimism is underestimated and misunderstood. The interesting thing about depression is that it is a cyclic negative mind state. The longer you allow yourself to be there, the harder it is to shake; like a mental habit. In theory, it's absolutely breakable depending on how bad you want it. Sometimes medication is needed when thought not, and not needed when thought so. The most substantial portion of progress will stem from your own passion and self-understanding; meds are a mask. And since Panic Attacks, Agoraphobia, OCD, Generalized Anxiety, etc.. are all related, they should all be conquerable as well. I say this having 8 different clinical diagnosis throughout my life and am currently taking Lithium, Lamictal, Wellbutrin, Klonopin, and Ambien daily. All the same applies to me. Paul
18 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
belky, Please go to this link and use the information provided this will help you download the CBT Buddies successfully. Please contact us via feedback if you are still having trouble. http://www.depressioncenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=1139&forum=5 Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
can someone give me instructions on how to upload the CBT program?
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kat, Things here are getting better. I won't be visiting my family this year for Xmas as they live in Australia and because of my agoraphobia, depression and panic attacks I am not able to get on the plane and sit there for 23 hours. I am hoping to go June 2006 and I would get to spend my birthday, and my sisters 40th and my brothers birthday while I am there. How are things going with you? Take care - Sharon
18 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon im glad to here things are going well for you. are you still going to visit your family on the 9th? that is really nice. I still havent done any cristmas shopping yet. thats good you did some christmas shopping and were able to get out.i will probably do most of my shopping on the internet since i am still really bad at going out right now its pretty pathetic. anyhow my weekend was alright. how was yours? i still cant program the CBT buddies on my computer. i dont think it works on my computer. I hope you had a nice weekend Sharon. Take care,Kat.
Gabbi, I am so glad to hear from you. It has been a while. Things here are going well. I am finding it easier to go outside, except for the shopping in an enclosed place with no windows. Today I took the kids sledging as it has been snowing on and off for the past 3 days. We don't usually get much snow and not this earlier. The kids reallly love it. I on the other hand don't. I am coming home in June of next year. I will be flying through Sydney or Melbourne to get to Adelaide. Do you live near Syndey? Congratulations on going out and doing some Xmas shopping. I did some Xmas shopping today. It was a daunting task but I did it. Take care - Sharon
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Sharon i can understand about not being able to do the grocery shopping by yourself i have had to go in a couple of times with the kids and i hate the feeling i get all nervous thinking i am going to have a panic but i have managed to do so give yourself time and you will get back into the swing of it it has gotten a bit easier the more times i do it but its still hard.I have started my Xmas shopping i have a tendency to leave it all to the last minute but this year facing the crowds is even harder.Are you planning to come to Australia next year?Anyhow i hope you had a good weekend.Gabbi.
Hi Kat, Things here are going fine. I went on a train ride on Friday and met a friend for coffee and then another friend for lunch. It fells really god to get out the house. On Saturday I played netball and did some grocery shopping. I am still not able to do the grocery shopping on my own yet. I don't know why but I can't. Today it is a relaxing day. We will be putting up the Xmas tree and wrapping some gifts. Xmas is the hardest time of year for me as I think of my family in Australia. This year is going to be extremely difficult as I was supposed to leave December 9 to go spend Xmas with my family for the first time in 14 years. How are you going? I hope you had a good week. Are you getting ready for Xmas? Do you have any plans for Xmas? Take care - Sharon
18 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon! how are you? i hope your doing well. I cant use the CBT buddies program i tried to down load it but i couldnt :( i dont know if its my coputer or if im down loading it wrong im not that computer literate. anyway if you want leave me some posts on this website. id really like to here from you! you seem like a really nice person. i wish i could down load CBT buddies :( that sucks that i cant use that program. but like i said just leave me some posts because id like to here from you and see how your doing. your friend Kat.

Reading this thread: