Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Our Community - Let´s grow it!

10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All,

Great discussion so far.  Red I loved your suggestion of starting new thread more and more aknowledgement. I also think self care is very, very important so thank you for mentioning that as well. Regarding moving the posts to this thread unfortunately the system doesn't allow us to do that. We can move threads to different topic areas but we cannot move individual posts.

Keep posting your ideas here on how to improve engagement  and recruitment of members!

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Naa,
Glad to see your accepting this, since it's the resistance which snowballs, and makes life miserable.  I'm going to buy chocolate too, since I almost forgot it on my list
10 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol Davit. Thanks. Now you got me thinking of chocolate. Hmmm hmmm dark chocolate...
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, I'll celebrate for you. I must have some chocolate here somewhere. Chocolate brownie would be nice. 
Theodore will celebrate too even if he does't know what for if it means extra kitty treats.

Davit.
It was quite a revelation. but I am almost afraid to "celebrate" cos I am afraid I'll jinx myself!
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Naa. This is Great news. It is surprising how fast it works. I noticed that too.
Keep it up, it just gets better and better..With practice..

Red
Naa

People are always looking for a magic bullet but what they don't realize is what you did. You are the magic bullet, you are the cure, the program, CBT, Me even is just instruction. None of them can change your thought patterns, you have to.
But of course you have to know how. So it looks like CBT works but in fact it is you working CBT that works. Such a foreign thought from the take a pill attitude where the pill does the work. More attitude conditioning that has just been reconditioned. Congratulations you are one step closer to beating this thing. Keep thinking along with the doing and you WILL be FREE. Thought and thought patterns are the key. Panic is just a lock keeping you on this side of the fence.
Congratulations again, you are doing great.

Davit
I had a pleasant surprise today - I felt really anxious and panicky and just kept telling myself to accept the feelings and go limp and not tense against the sensations - It took a while but the panic has dissipated somewhat. This stuff really works :-)
Naa

And sometimes even the next day something will trigger the thought to pop back up. And sometimes out of curiosity we go looking for it. As you get better you will do this to see if it really is gone or if it really was there. You could call these set backs but really they are just part of the process and quite normal. They go away.

Davit.
Thanks for the suggestions Hugs. Hope your day has been pleasant

Reading this thread: