Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Experiences with L-theanine?

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jSquared

I think you know I am going to say this and I'm sure you know it yourself but new people don't. 
CBT as in the program is the answer. Use any thing that helps you absorb the program but as an adjunct. Do not get so comfortable with these add on's that you quit the program. In the end they are only helpers and will let you down. This is not for us here but for all those silent people visiting the site. Wish I liked green tea more, I only like it with jasmine.
Glad you are doing better.

Here for you
Davit.
13 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, I have used it before when I was going through withdraws of the lorazepam. I noticed it did help me get through the withdrawal days better than when I had not been using it. I still had some disturbing thoughts and my anxiety level was still higher because I was withdrawing from the benzo. But I haven't used it in a while and noticed a much more calming effect because I'm not having the withdrawal symptoms. I know that in Asian cultures they drink a LOT more green tea throughout their whole lives without any bad side effects and have done a ton of research on it too. So I'm not really worried about there being any side effects, I just noticed I was feeling a bit "different" to the calmness, but right now I'm feeling pretty good and enjoying it. I'm not gonna rely on it to make me better, but I'm glad it can help me right now.

Stay positive :D,
jSquared
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jSquared.

I have used it but in pill form and close to the end of my bad panic days. It was recommended by my therapist who wanted to know if it worked. I believe I gave it a good report but I was at that point where I was becoming very stable So can't really say much about it. I do know it had no bad side effects. I may try it again because I am under a lot of stress right now, just not enough to get panic attacks. (just overworking my brain right now) I will add it to my med list on drugs.com to be sure it does not react with any other meds I take or food. Remember just because it is not prescription does not mean it is safe.

Here for you 
Davit.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

What have your experiences been with this?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone. 
Today I decided to get a VIB drink that has 60 mg of L-theanine in it. I noticed that it does help me relax and be able to concentrate better. I drank it while on the way to class today and I was able to concentrate better and not be so worried about my anxiety or attacks. Plus my anxiety level has lowered a lot, I had a couple of attacks yesterday and my anxiety level was pretty high since waking up until a little after I had the drink. I do know my anxiety level is lowered and I feel more calm, but it feels like my mind isn't used to being like this, I feel "different" in a sense. I'm wondering if anyone has used L-theanine before and noticed this kind of feeling also, or if its pretty normal to feel different to this calmness that has come over them after being anxious for a while? Because I know that the mind is used to being in such a tense state when the anxiety is there that I'm assuming its probably normal and ok to feel a bit "different", but it would be nice to have some reassurance.

Stay positive :D,
jSquared

Reading this thread: