Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,692 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

Aniexty over Taking SSRI´s (Prozac)

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teebs:  My anxiety went up a bit for a few days going from 5 to 10, but didn't take too long to get better.  Hang in there and keep the faith.  You're wise to let the doctor know if it becomes too much for you.  Good for you.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Teebs, I have had similar experiences. I was at 10 mg of Prozac and went upto 12.5mg and had some anxiety. It came and went. Don't view this as a set back! I was frustrated as well, but my husband helped me realize that it would pass. And, it did. Are you on the liquid prozac? If you could you titrate to 17.5 mg then 20mg just to make it a bit easier? Also, try to schedule in a couple of appts with your doctor that week as you are increasing the dosage, I always find that helps. Remember how much better you felt after a couple of days on your previous dosage when you feel the anxiety comming on.... Your posts to me when I first started were so encouraging. Keep at it and keep us posted. Your friend, Queens06
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Queens and Everyone,

I'm dealing with some similar things right now. I was on 5mg of Prozac for months and was experiencing benefits even though it was a subtheraputic dose. I increased to 10 mg back in August, and just recently my doctor has wanted me to shift up to 20mg.

When I went to 15mg from 10mg I noticed a positive effect within three days - the biggest thing was that my SAD basically completely went away. Now I'm three days into going from 15mg to 20mg and I'm starting to feel more anxious. This morning I had a short panic attack, and even though I haven't had one for a while (which is a great thing) I still feel like this is a set back. I'm frustrated that increasing the dosage has led to me feeling a bit worse again for a couple days here.

I'm going to stick with it and hope that this is just a bump in the road from my body adjusting to the new dosage. If the increased anxiety continues I'll call my doctor, but as always I was wondering if others have had this experience (of feeling better on a medication, then experiencing a setback with an increased dosage). It always helps to hear you're not the only one that's gone through this.

Teebs
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to post and offer support to my questions regarding taking and SSRI (Prozac). I very much appreciate you taking the time to post your experiences. I wish that I had more to offer with respect to my experiences and offer support as well... Anyway, I am on 10 mg of prozac. It's been about a week now. (previously I had been taking subtheraputic doses to get my body used to the meds) I am not feeling any different yet. I have had some nights of insomina and some anxiety. I am hoping that I will start to feel the effectiveness of the medication soon.

Hope everyone is well.
Hello Everyone,

I thought that I would update you on how I am doing. Currently, my doctor has put me on 10 mg of Prozac liquid form. It's been about two weeks now. I don't really feel any different but I am planning to stick with it. I have limited my exposures for now. It was getting a bit overwhelming to focus on everything.

Anyway, thanks for the support.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi....me also.... at first my appetite was less than before, unfortunately for me not anymore! My doctor had warned me about that..I guess its a common side-effect.
Juanita
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

As Teebs said, everyone reacts to medication differently , so do talk to your doctor with any concerns.

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi:  Me too.  Decrease in appetite first, then increase. 

Sunny
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Queens,

I did have a decreased appetite for a while, but after the drug started helping and I felt the positive effects my appetite came back stronger than it was before (anxiety was killing my appetite, too!). I think everyone reacts to medications differently so everyone can experience different side effects. If you're at all concerned be sure to check in with your doctor, even if it's by phone.

Teebs

Hi there,

I have a quick question. For those of you who have tried Prozac, have you experienced a decreased in appetite?

Reading this thread: