Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Fun?

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good ideas, Red.

Davit, that is funny.

How about doing some of the program with a friend or two.  Maybe the friends could have a look at the program and pick a topic they are interested in and share the learning with you.  Practice together, then go for lunch, or a movie together.

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Making exposure fun, interesting topic.

When out in a crowd at the zoo, or park or such.  Take along a camera and have some fun taking pictures.

When out shopping at the grocery store or some where.  Stop and look at the magazines while waiting in line.

When you have had particularly hard exposure.  Stop on the way home and have a ice cream cone as a reward.

Try to get yourself some little treat for doing your exposure.

These are a few of my favorites.

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley 

I take all those panic situations and show the funny side of them and they do have a funny side. I am very good at making fun of myself. It happened, I can't change it but I can find the humour in it. Like the time I was walking up and down my drive way in the winter freezing my butt off because I was hot and restless, arms rapped around myself and the snow getting in my slippers. I won't tell you what else I was wearing you can imagine, It was two in the morning! Now is that funny or what. Certainly not at the time though.

Here for all of us
Davit
13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good question. I don't have any ideas yet. I look forward to seeing others chime in on this thought!
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone,

Let’s take a different approach to addressing anxiety.  We all know that managing anxiety and progressing through the program can be a lot of work and sometimes downright hard!  But let’s play with an idea; if you were to teach people how to make working on the program fun what would you say? How would you make exposure work fun?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: