Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Summer time fun!

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've camped  through most of Europe (my love of sculpture started here I think), the U.S. just about all the states, down Mexico all the way to the Yucatan Peninsula (I've always been interested in archeology so was most fascinated by the Mayan temples along the way) and back up the west coast, camped farthest east and west of Canada and farthest north of Alaska, Yukon and NWT and panned for gold.  I have seen many beautiful things, nature, places where tourists don't go etc.   
I have no photos as my former husband has them all.  I would like to ask him to put them in a DVD format so I can view them too.  Would make a great Christmas gift.  mmmmm' that's what I'll do.
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sunny,  

I received your comment to my blog via email.  Thank you for your understanding and kind words. 
Awww Sunny -

Nothing is better than being with family.  I am so happy for you!  I felt relaxed just reading your post.  I've been camping twice, both times in an RV, so I guess that makes me a Wilderness Princess :) 
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, 

Wish I could go camping. It would have to be a high wall tent and a camp cot with extension legs lol. But it would be fun. Brings back memories, good memories, positive memories.
Thank you.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
    I'm so happy for you Sunny ...sounds like you had a great time and what a wonderful surprise fo you.!
Cleo   
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi:  Got back from camping just a couple of days ago.  Had a wonderful time with the grandchildren, unfortunately didn't see any shooting stars but enjoyed the campfires, my favourite.
The first evening, sipping my coffee by the water I heard a car drive up and a voice say "Hey, what are you all doing here?"  It was my son from out west who came to join us for his 2 wks.' holiday.  My daughters knew about the surprise and had told him where to find us, but the children (his three children I was taking care of) and I didn't know and what a lovely surprise it was!  Now the whole family was together.  He even brought his own large tent on the plane for himself and his three kids.  After that I had a tent all to myself, since I thought I was sharing with my granddaughter - but loved it.  I like everything about camping, the outdoors, the breezes, wind, the smells, the dew in the morning, the loons calling.  I could go on and on. :)

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing this with us Shari! I agree, it is really cool to find new interests and things you enjoy! Congratulations on running the 5k, way to persevere!

I'm excited to hear what other members have been up to this summer as well!

Members, how has working through the program helped you participate in activities that you otherwise wouldn't have participated in?

Samantha, Health Educator
The 3 things I did this summer, happened before I found this site.  1) My daughter and I took a trip from Maryland to Florida to visit my parents for 9 days.  My husband wanted to work on our fixer upper farm house, so he stayed home with the pets.  I did my usual, "Do you think we should go?" talk myself out of it speech to which my daughter responded, "We're going."  I had anxiety in Virginia.  My daughter handled it by saying, "I understand.  You're leaving one family, your husband and pets, and are going to your other family, your parents.  You're in between places and feel uncomfortable.  But, you'll be alright when we get there."  I think my safety person, are my pets :)  Despite the couple of panic attacks I had, one in the car after being sun burned, and one in Epcot center while I was on a boat ride in Mexico, it was the greatest vacation of my life.  It was where I held the giant Python snake and Milk and Coral snakes and became a snake lover.  It's cool when you can find something new to like or have an interest in, when you're middle aged, because sometimes you think is there anything new and exciting.  You feel like you've been there done that.  2) I spontaneously did a 5K run/walk for charity for the Piscataway Indians.  I had no training and although, I'm not too overweight, I'm out of shape as far as endurance.  I wanted to prove I could do it.  I hit a wall and didn't think I could make it, but it's true what they say about getting a second wind.  I got mine and ran the last part to the finish line instead of walking.  It gave me confidence that I could finish.  3)  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in a thread or on my blog, but long story short, I found a parrot in my tree, I prayed for it all day.  Toward evening, I tried one more rescue attempt and the bird flew onto my shoulder!  I told him, "Let's go home" and the bird replied, "That's sweet!"  It was nothing short of miraculous.  Two weeks later, I found a flyer in a pet store and reunited the bird with his owner.  She had almost given up and prayed for an answer, one way or another, and then I called saying I had her bird.  We are friends, but don't get together that often.  I got to bird sit both of her birds for 6 days this summer.  She had bought another bird, when her other one went missing.  That's what I did this summer :)
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley.

Well you know I am too crippled to do too many activities, but if I wasn't or had some one to help, this is what I would like to do. I would like to float down the river in a canoe. I would like to have people over for a BBQ. (don't own one)
I would like to ride the Jasper tram. I would like to pick berries up the mountain. (I might do that one) I would like to buy a horse and buggy and ride up and down the road. (need help to harness, still have the harness.) What I will probably do though is sit in the shade and dream. 

Davit the dreamer.
13 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Summer is a fun time that can be packed with great activities, barbeques, picnics, get-togethers and cottages.

While enjoying the weather we encourage you to plan pleasurable activities with family members and friends, try your exposure activities and benefit from nature at its best.

What are some fun activities you have planned or participated in so far?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: