Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Our Favorite Posts!

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everyone:  I agree.  When I first joined reading past posts encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and post something myself.  Never thought I could open up to "strangers" on line!  I was fearful at first, but now more relaxed about it and have experienced the support and friendship.  It works.  I have been in a support group before and I do prefer the face to face meetings, but this is a good alternative.  If you are thinking about it, just go for it.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari.

I echo this post and this promise.

Here for you.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I'd like to encourage the silent people.  I had anxiety about posting, at first.  But, I realized it's just because this was a new experience.  I have never done anything like this before.  From personal experience, everyone here is very kind and understanding.  No one judges anyone or thinks anything bad about anyone.  If you participate, you will find more specific answers that you are looking for and by sharing your experiences, you will help others.  We value you and your opinions.  It's okay to be silent, because we are glad you are here.  But why not try to step out of your comfort zone.  Don't get caught up in the "What if's"  What will people think, etc.  Instead of thinking of what could go wrong, think of what could go right:  you could find help, help others, and make a lot of friends.  We think you're great, we are all here for you whenever you're ready.  If you take a leap, we will catch you.  Your friend Shari

Cleo

And in some small way our gains are helping all of them if only a little bit.

Here for everyone.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
There are alot of silent people here ..... sometimes I see there are 70 browsing and 4 or 5 logged in.
Cleo
Cleo

It is a fact well known that group therapy works. It works for one real good reason and that is that we get to see that we are not sick because of how we look. We get to meet people just like us who are normal every day sort of people. And it surprises people to find that the rich and the beautiful suffer the same as the poor and the less than beautiful. And you soon learn that in side we are all beautiful. (which is good cause outside I'm not) 

Virtual group therapy works well for us because we are first and foremost people who care and share. In my mind we are all beautiful we just need a little help to prove it. I would love to get us all around a table to talk, it would be some of the best exposure we could do.

Where real group therapy fails is in time. It is a fixed time say once a week and for a short period of time. The internet here has made it possible to join the group and be in it any time and it is open all the time, not just once a week. Also people tend to be more open, and you can cry if you want to without any one knowing, you can bring your partner or a friend and no one feels out of place. And I do hope you share with your partners or friends. That includes family too of course. Unless some major crippling factor happens to my typing finger I will always be here. 

There is no time figure here, you can come when and as often as you like and you can say as much as you like knowing the other members of the group will be listening and responding some time. And you don't have to make time to be here, you can come any time.

I love this group and only wish we could make it bigger to help more people, and we do help more than just us. There are the silent people reading this also.

Here for every one.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All!
Did I ever need to read this today!
Just knowing that I've been helpful  to people brings me joy....I have never been in a Support group, but if they are anything like this virtual one I would love to go..   
I too would hate to leave anyone out.... I really look forward to coming on here as much as possible. ....to read the posts from new and old alike, and ofcouse, to write my own! 
That said, I have to give credit where it is due, and that is with Davit....You are really there for all the members, and so bloody knowlegeable!
Do any of you put faces in your mind to the people here? I do. And I bet in real life none of you look like what I picture!
Remember..  I  look like a Barbie doll, ha, nah,  more like Rosie O'donnell...(that's the only celebrity that I could think of that kind of looks like me)    40's, fat and flatulent!! haha. I heard that years ago, swore it would never happen to me....Alas, it did!
Cleo

Cleo
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashely,

I will have to echo what Davit has said.  All the posts I have read here has touched me in some way and they are all important to me.  As is everyone here in the group. I could not name one specific post or one or two specific people. I would not want to leave anyone out. I think everyone in the group has helped someone in some way. I do not know how to copy and paste a post like you suggested.  When I find a post, thread or idea that I think might help someone I usually bump that post up for others to read.

Red
Ashley

They are all important to me, as are all of the people. I would have to echo sunny. I am here first thing in the morning and checking last thing at night. How my friends are doing is important to me, their pain and their pleasure is so important. I read all of everyone's posts, even if I don't comment you can be sure I have been there.

I guess the posts that mean the most are when some one gets a little jump ahead from some piece of advice that I or some one else has put forward. Some times they put a smile on my face for the whole day. Love you all, and love your posts.

Davit.  Oh and I do so love the funny ones.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are more than just one post - wish I could pinpoint just one - however, any post which addresses and answers my latest post is very welcome and shows me that someone is listening, has heard and that I matter. 

Davit has written that he is here for us, and he certainly has proven that.  I feel that he listens and he really cares.  When you reach out to him, he is there to hold your hand. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your understanding.

Secondly, posts from Cleo with her wonderful sense of humour and the "ha" moment have helped me find my sense of humour when I needed it.  Thank you Cleo, it has kept me from being too pensive.  You have been there for me too.

And now Shari too has a great sense of humour.  I really like it and am enjoying it. Hope I get to know Shari more.  Thank you Shari.

I love Anerol's gentleness.  She seems to be a sweet soul.  I've enjoyed seeing her artwork.  Let's see more Anerol!

Reading this thread: