Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Topic:Consequences of Stress

14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Definitely!  If I'm overtired, that's when I feel the stress.  Have had to learn to say "no" more often and take care of me first.  Sometimes when you are ill, it can't be helped as well, but you still have to put you first and get lots of rest.  I used to worry about missing important events, not being where I said I would be, (hate to let people down) that sort of thing, now, I just say, sorry I can't make it afterall.  I'd be lying if I said I don't have niggling thoughts in the back of my mind, but am learning to let them go.  I am trying to enjoy "a day at a time" as that is all we have really.  I need to remind myself that yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here yet.  These are things I know about and lately, needing to practice it.
14 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've always found it interesting how cyclical it all is.  I get stressed, it makes me tired, I cope less when I'm tired, I get stressed because of it, etc.

Breaking that cycle is so important.  I know that when I feel more able to cope with anxiety, I feel better overall.  And that helps me cope further.

So, as you said, shadowkins, it's about using the relaxation to help yourself break the stress.

14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Sounds very familiar! It seems for the last 10-15 years I have functionned on high stress levels, never resting when I needed it. Maybe the stress has finally come back to bite me in the behind...and you know it's a darn hard habit to break ( I mean always working that way). The relaxation techniques should help in that area.

14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great topic,

Stress has affected my health in many ways.  This is something I definitely need to work on.  I am really looking forward to getting started.

Red
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Topic: Consequences of Stress

Members,

We’ve talked about anger, stress and disputes. We will now be discussing specific stress management strategies in a variety of settings & contexts.

Learning stress management skills is part of having a healthy lifestyle. Exposure to stress over long periods of time has been linked to the development of:

·         Frequent headaches

·         Upset stomach

·         Diarrhea or constipation

·         Lowered immune system

·         Disturbed sleeping patterns

·         High blood sugar

·         High blood pressure

·         Increased cholesterol

Does this sound familiar to anyone? How do you feel or know when your stressed? How does your panic come into play here?

Reading this thread: