Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Myth or Fact?

15 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
momsydo find something he is scared of but your not and put him in that situation while he is trying to work or do something see how much time he spends freaking out.Then point out it doesnt scare you why is he scared of it ?And why did it stop him from completeing his tasks in a timely manner?hit him with a bucket of ice cold water and tell him thats what we experience while having a panic attack just without the ice and water.............its kinda hard to focus while dripping wet with sweat while having chills at the same time.  
15 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John Q PUBLIC,The leading factor in stress induced anxiety.From the day we start preschool our minds and our thought process's are being trained to complete task that someone else finds appropriate.We are raised with parents or life figure's that instill in us to get as much done as possible in a short period of time each day.Most people dont take enough time to stop and relax look at all the good in life.News headlining  war's, deaths, robbery.........your coworker or friend only bringing up negative subjects to talk about.The only reason all these subjects are repeated is because thats what we where programned to do.There is a subconcious reminder for everyone that our time here on earth is short.Look at being late for a get together or work our first instinct is to rush rush rush why not stop and breath the reason we were late in the first place, was because we over slept hince our bodies and minds were tired?Or we packed to much stuff to accomplish in one day.Im not saying be lazy or sloth like. Im saying get done what you can get done,if that isnt good enough for whoever says so  (tell them to doit).If we spent as much time makeing a LIST of things we would like to do over things we need to do the worlds progress would stop.There is your proof we are not lazy or incapable we can only do what time allows. so dont stress it is what it is.Fear god not man     
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
momsydoo,

This is real and you can progress through this!  It is unfortunate how others perceive and speculate without knowing the facts. The important factor is that you are doing something about it, you are working toward progress.  We are here with tips and tools as well as a program to guide you.

Reach out and let us support you.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I believe that, the problem is people don't think of "Anxiety" as a mental illness.  They think it's somebody who just isn't strong enough to deal with their problems and its a way to get out of having to do things because it "makes them nervous".  My husband thinks I "do" this (have anxiety attacks) to get out of having to do things.  I try to explain to him how this feels and that I have no choice in when this happens and he doesn't understand. Anxiety isn't talked about enough in the public for people to know how serious this can be.  My brother calls them my "freak outs" which totally makes me feel like even less of a person than I feel now.  Some days I just want to go away. 

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Myth: Mental illness is a rare disorder.

Fact: One in five Canadians have a mental health problem at some point in their lives.

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: