Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Getting by.

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I use olive oil in my bread except brioche which uses butter. I also use a stand mixer not a bread maker. My recipe makes two loaves and I only eat one slice a day. I slice it and freeze it.

Davit
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tried making white bread with olive oil instead of shortening, and the second loaf seems less "doughy". I wish I didn't eat half the loaf per day. I wish mom was here so I could show her what I can do with a bread maker:(
Ordering seed was a big step to getting back to routine. (after Karin left) Next is to do something in my shop. These are things I did on my own. Always a big step after having a routine that included someone else. Not as big of a crisis as having someone die but there all the same. Even when Thomas died there was a change of routine. Coming on top of some one leaving. But we adjust if we want to, and I want to. Funny thing is having someone move in isn't the same as having them move out. 
Quite cold out so that messes with routine also. Could be worse, could be raining. (question, is that last comment negative or positive or neutral { as in just a comment} )

Davit. 

Ps I think I want more cookies.

Ordered seed, not as much since Karin isn't here. I don't know if she is planting here or what. I'll leave that up to her. 
She is in an apartment and I don't think they have community gardens in that village. She does have berry plants here.

So that is done. I could get most of my favourites. It is annoying when seed companies drop seeds for something improved that seldom is. I found a cantaloupe that I really like under a different name. I haven't been able to get it in ten years. I hope they didn't mess with it too much.

I deserve tea and cookies now. Our little store has real good ginger, strong with good taste.  

Davit.
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cookies Yummy! I'm inspired now. I just may have to make some peanut butter cookies tomorrow. I guess I will just have to settle for a ice cream cone tonight. Red..
That is certainly better than I did. I made three dozen ginger snap cookies. I brought in more fire wood. I closed the vents in the root cellar. I did dishes while I made supper. 
Wow I did close to nothing.  I might find something to do yet. Or I could just watch a movie. Going to have a cup of Lemon Balm tea and think about it.
I know what I did today, I looked at seed catalogues on line. 

Davit
Got out today and walked around a bit then came home and got busy steam cleaning the carpets. I'm feeling sore already but it was worth it. I am getting a positive start on the new year. Red.
Hi JayDee, I want to congratulate you on saying No and settings boundaries with you friends and family. I know from personal experience this is not a easy task. Thank you for the advice and support. Yes I read boundaries several years ago and have put my foot down and voiced my feelings and concerns again. It is really in my partners court now. He is the one they call. They are his relatives and kids so he has to learn to stand his ground and is planning on setting some boundaries with them when they call again. Time will tell but one thing is for sure I will not be letting them use me by letting them stay here in My home again and I am not going to put my life on hold because of them any longer either. I have things I want to do with my life too just like they do and enjoying my life it is one of them.. Hold your ground and keep your health and sanity Red..
9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

Have you read Boundaries? Charles Townesend if I'm correct is the author. I'm learning as well how to set boundaries and how to say no. I'm also learning to not let others control my feelings or mind read me. I used to tell people I would think about it, and get back with them. I would then tell my support friend and she would tell me her opinion on if she thought I was being taking advantage of or used. Today, I didn't need to do that. I just said No to a family member. I had the feeling later that I was being harsh, but it passed quickly and my no remains.

My mental health means more to me than any family member or friend so it's important to consider requests, how they'll affect me and then come to a healthy decision for myself. That sounds self centered, but I'm the one being put out unless I structure my life this way, not to mention risking a panic attack.

Just say no unless its something you want and can handle. There are always Hotels, Motels and Bed and Breakfast where guests can stay if they feel the need to visit. No reason for them to have to stay in your home overnight. Hope this helps.

Yes the computer is becoming a addiction for many. They are on them all the time now with their Smart phones. They call it being connected. With their social media that is. It is not something I have any interest in. I do not want to be connected 24 hours a day. I do read a lot of news and other information on line and spent a far share of time on the computer most days. Edd spends most of his time working on his farm engines or online on ebay looking for parts. Our real problem is not setting boundaries with his relatives and letting them foil our plans whenever they get a whim and decide that they want to come stay at my house and use it as a crash pad while they do other things in the city I live in. This makes it hard for me to have a life of my own that I can enjoy. Plus it is getting harder for me to do all the physical work that is involved in having people stay at my home. This has happened several times this last year and or right before any holiday they call with something negative and spoil my holiday or birthday plans. We couldn't even show in our farm engine show this year or camp in Arizona without them coming down to freeload and screw it all up. I couldn't even plan and celebrate my birthday without them calling and having to be the center of attention. It just never seems to end. I am hoping they don't call and want to come down to stay over new years while they visit their mother..I hate to say it but I HATE my life right now.and will be glad when this year is over. Of course if something doesn't change around here than this coming year will be as miserable as these last few years have been. As I grow older I know The Clock is Ticking and I fear my Time is running out. I am praying and hoping for a happy and healthy life this coming year. Red...

Reading this thread: