Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

How´s it going?

10 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I the rest of yesterday was blah, I really have no way to describe it. I am work right now, but when I woke up I did not want to be here. I wished that I was still sleeping. When I got to work, I just sat in my car, wishing I did not have to get out.

As I sit here at work with stuff to do, I just want to go home. I don't feel like doing anything or even leaving my office. I just wish I could shut my door and sleep until it was time to go home, then I could sleep more.
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
So sorry the reporter didn't keep his word and let you see and approve the article he wrote about you and your apple orchard. At least the neighbor said the pictures came out good. I wonder if he read the story and what he thought about it?  Maybe the reporter isn't much of a writer anyway, does make me wonder especially since he didn't let you read it first..Maybe one of your neighbors could lend you a copy and you could see for yourself or give you the low down on the story.

It is a bit of a mystery now isn't it? and I do love a good story. Just curious I guess. They say curiosity killed the cat..if that is true than I must have up my 9 lives a long time ago..If you find out please do tell..

Red..

Davit that is a good decision, thought it is still horrible the reporter ran the story. I am surprised there was no waiver.

I've had a decent couple of days. Yesterday I went to a walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society and it was rough getting there. I really just wanted to be home and not doing anything, but after we started walking I was feeling slightly better.Before the walk we went to a store and I bought a bunch of organic stuff for myself to slowly add it to my diet. My goal is to go mainly organic, but I know I won't ever be able to go full organic.

Today I actually went to a church. It was my best friends parent's church. Next week my friend will go with me and then I plan to try one I went to back when I was in high school. I'm hoping to find a place I am comfortable.

How is everyone else doing today?
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

I can't do that. It would make me no better than he is. Next year there will be no free apples but that is as far as I will take retaliation. I will not let his attitude make me someone I am not. 

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
With social media so readily available, everyone is takings pics and they can go worldwide in seconds.

Some people who are sensitive to this, will ask you for a waiver before you attend an event, but this is the exception now.

Why don't you take a picture of him/her, and write a scathing article about the desperation in journalism and their lack of ethics.  Journalism has become even more competitive since print is dwindling as it goes online.  I noticed a lot of affluent people are suing reporters when they cross the line.

Of course those affluent people are using the media for free publicity while the rest of us are looking for ads for discounted goods and services and they live their lifestyles of the rich and famous.  The good news is I don't understand some of these celeb's, but then it makes it hard to understand a joke or carry on a conversation.

I've had a frustrating day, since I couldn't find something on a map,and need a driver's test to find the test centre.  I think I copied the address wrong, and all the public servants are having a nice weekend off.  But I guess I could phone first thing in the morning, but I don't wish to wake too early in the morning, or I'll be out of it.

Maybe I should go to sleep in my clothes
What do you do when some one uses you without your final approval? 
One of the apple pickers this year was a reporter who wanted to do an article on me. A bit of a blow hard. So I said I wanted to see the article before he printed it. Well he went ahead and printed it anyway and I have no idea what is in it because I don't buy his rag. A neighbour told me the pictures were good. It is in the past and is not going to colour my feelings. 

Having a good day so far, just picking at things to see what I can get done. Bit sore so I will be slow. Sun is shining and it is warm.

Davit
Some days a diamond some days a stone.

I went to the library today just so I could look at the trees on the way. I didn't really have to go and there is lots left to do but since it is almost all indoors it doesn't matter if I do it today. I took the time to play with the cats outside for a while.
I made soup (vegetable chicken) (more veggie than chicken). The carrots and onions are very sweet this year.
I also sorted through the onions and took off the dirt and loose skins, they keep better that way. They are in a laundry basket under the wood cook stove for now where they will stay dry. They keep well that way for a long time. The apples I have in the crisper in the fridge are just as solid as when I put them in there. I may be in the market next year for a used fridge for apples. In years gone by if you didn't have a root cellar you stored them in the well house. I don't have either. I could have if I had the energy to build one. I saw plans for a root cellar built out of a 6 foot diameter culvert. Wall in one end and a door in the other, buried. I'd like that. One person here uses a brand new septic tank.
Just a matter of imagination and imagination is just running through memory for ideas. Panic with no pain.

Davit
I had a decent day, I was able to walk during lunch and after work. My friend wanted to go a haunted house, we planned it a few weeks back. I sat here debating if I wanted to go and finally decided that I needed to. I made myself some tea and I went. I am glad I did, my friend understands some of my issues and I learned our other friend thought I had an eating disorder. Upsets me that she would think that, but I also know she doesn't understand that things are much more different then she realizes. She knows I have had issues, but she doesn't know what it feels like.

Tomorrow I am suppose to do a 2 mile walk for blood cancer and also go shopping at Whole Foods for organic snacks and all. I am hoping I am up to it.

Davit: I hope tomorrow is better for you.
Not what I would even remotely call a good day. I did get done most of what I wanted to but it was tough. Not enough sleep. Tomorrow is another day. Not angry and not blaming anyone else (no one here but me) just tired. 
Going to watch a movie as soon as I take the bread out of the oven. Still warm enough if Jasper doesn't come in soon he can stay out. I might fall asleep and forget him. 

Davit
Sometimes valerian take time to work because your mind registers it as foreign. That awake but not awake feeling is probably just that.

As for sleeping more, that is very common in a lot of people in the fall. Like we should be hibernating. A hold over from our clocks that say work hard all summer and rest all winter. For me it passes. Some people just get the fall blues. A form of depression but not necessarily chemical. Shorter days, less sunlight less vitamin D. I now have my table where it can catch the sun coming in the window.

Davit

Reading this thread: