Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,555 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

How´s it going?

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, 

Davit - I'm relieved to hear you did not have a heart attack!  It sounds like you are having to deal with some health issues, but despite that you sound focused on things you need to do as well as taking time to appreciate the small things that make you happy.  I hope you continue to recover and maintain your positive outlook. 

Members, 
When you look back on your week, what are some situations that brought you joy or put a smile on your face? What are you looking forward to this weekend?

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found unless your water is distilled or very clean humidifiers contribute to the dust problem. I like just a pot of water on a heat source. I don't have forced heat either to stir up the dust. Electric is clean and quiet. You might want to put a little rubbing alcohol in the water to kill bacteria that will grow on the medium. Bacteria will feel like dust and might even give you a cough.

Davit.

Ps, I seem to be lucky in not needing extra humidity.

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gailerina,
Some of us have it worse than others. I'm making the most of what I have, and trying not to feel too sorry for myself.

Not many people want to go to a pity party.  I'll never forget the doc who gave a lecture about anxiety, stating that sufferers(that's us) are "...no fun on a Saturday night...".

Right now, I can't decide(since I hate the noise) between humidifiers, and I'm uncomfortably dry.  I could build one, or I could try different ones and commute back and forth in traffic until I find one that I like, in gridlocked big city traffic.

Maybe reframing this, I could try buying one, and review it, since I like to test stuff, and it will get me out.  Anyway, I need a backup in case my mom needs one to replace hers.

Gee, getting out could be fun.  And I get to design a form, and use it, unlike what happened at work, which was being bullied and credit being stolen from me.
10 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I go every February for a physical due to my family having a history of almost every disease known to man.

I know part of my problem is fighting anxiety and depression right now. Also next week is rough for my family, Thursday will be the 2 year anniversary of my dad's death.

I also learned my one brother (who I have not spoken to in over a year) is having some personal issues.
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gailerina,

I've never like pharmaceuticals, so I didn't agree to go on low dose high blood pressure medicine.  I paid for it at the end of my career.

Having  a thorough checkup, to rule out all issues, as I think Davit is suggesting, is worth it. 

I did buy a SAD light, but it just takes up space now, although I could use it during winter.  With my commitment to activity, I'll get out enough though, since once I begin something, it can stick.

I can't tolerate the dryness though, and need to buy a humidifier, since I've really itchy, and I've liked high humidity in the past.
I think it is partly SAD and my job. I just don't want to be here anymore. It was really nice out today and I know after today it will get cold again.
Gailerina

I'm assuming you have checked out all the physical reasons for this fatigue, and you can walk 20 minutes, so why do you figure you are tired? Bored? Job too easy? No challenge? Why are you tired at home?
Seasonal adjusted disorder, (sad). I get like that every fall. It goes away. I have a light if it gets too bad.

Davit
So I'm sitting here at work and I went for a walk for about 20 minutes. I was semi-ok while outside, but now I just feel the need to leave. I just want to walk out of here and not come back, but I know that is wrong and solves nothing.

I just really want to go to sleep too. Get in my bed, maybe do some reading and snooze.

Sometimes I feel so blah and nothing makes sense.
Went to town and got a proper patch on my leg. The Doctor kept trying to reassure me it would heal. I know that, I just don't care. I can't undo it so I will live with it. He did tape the flap back in place and cover it. I did get some steristrips out of the deal for next time. I washed the blood off the floor, there was quite a bit of it. I got more nystatin for the candida because I am so tired I'm tripping over my feet. 

Davit
Well I survived work, especially with being so tired all day and not tripping over my dress.

All I want to go is be able to sleep in Saturday, even though the past week or more I keep waking before 7, but I'll try.

I have school work I really wanted to start today to have this grand plan of getting things done in such an order, that I would have nothing to for over a week. I have not accomplished it, just going to attempt to make my lunch for work tomorrow and go to sleep.

Reading this thread: