Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Fixing Things(With a Mind that still needs fixing)

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I couldn't believe how easy it was to replace a cabin air filter on my car, using youtube!  I'm looking forward to rewarding myself to doing that, but feel so drowsy, that I'm going to go to the gym first, since I haven't gotten there in a couple of days.
I'm feeling overwhelmed, since there are so many things to do, today.  Maybe it's like that eastern guru who showed the person who was overwhelmed, by example, how to stop that feeling.

The guru was pouring tea, and didn't stop pouring into the teacup of the person who was feeling overwhelmed.  The tea kept overflowing over the cup.

I think the example was meant to demonstrate that thougts, like tea in a teacup, are under control of the pouring or thinking in the analogy, of the person himself.

I suppose the more I look, the more I'll see.  Somehow I wish to reframe my experiences, since there are a lot of things I have which others may admire, as Davit points out in another thread, where he'd trade place with anyone who is able-bodied.  I saw that a couple of days ago, where a man was on a treadmill with an oxygen container, and had trouble breathing in the dressing room, so I felt fortunate.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hugs that is so profound. Good for you.

I see teebs is here somewhere reading.

Davit
Davit,
I think I forgot that rule the other day when I was dicing onion, and diced my left index finger, fortunately with a sharp knife.  Tired or not, we have to eat, don't we?

And yesterday I looked at my right index finger, and can't remember why it's crooked.  Maybe it's just the osteoarthritis like the rest of my body.

What are we racing, anyway?  I was concerned as I rushed back past the beautiful garden today, to the basement, noting that I wasn't savouring the garden's blooming roses and peonies which yearn for weeding and better soil?

There's this tale from my favourite book on spirituality which tells of these guides who just sat down with their employers in some natural setting like a rainforest, because they claimed they were moving too quickly.  They needed to stop to let their souls catch up with their bodies.

I'm going to change my avatar to a lovely rose that is opening.
Hopefully tomorrow will be like that, since I don't wish to have days like today, that are like a blur, unless there's an emergency.  Being present to others is important, since most of the "stuff" around me is just "stuff" or "furniture".

Life is like that, I bought a new electric cord for my electric lawn mower. The one that was on it is wrapped around the tractor roto tiller. All 50 feet. Almost wrapped the lawnmower that was attached to it. I'll use my pruners to cut it out.
I broke that rule that says, don't work when you are tired. 

Davit
A saying "the lord giveth and the lord taketh away" came to mind as I back into a plank, dislodging my car's mudflap. 

Another thing to fix(or get fixed)
Davit,
I'll look at that too.

I filmed the inside of the inlet hose and my brother was amazed when I showed it on the bigger screen tv.  Any kid can do this now, since they higher tech stuff than we had as children.

I remember writing as a child to one of the few Radio magazines, whose editor replied with an electrical design to convert a Pontiac parisienne dc radio to ac so I could use the outlet at home.  I didn't succeed twice, and smoked the outlet, to dad's dismay.  Not sure I was allowed to play with electricity later, and moved on to other things.
Hugs

There is also a screen under the agitator that slows down draining when it plugs. The top of the agitator threads off and lifts out to get at it. It plugs if you do a lot of wool or knitted.
Also if you use fabric softener wash the screen in the dryer or it becomes a fire hazard. Plastic vent hose is illegal now because of this, new hose is aluminum and harder to put on.

I know about those screens in the water lines but a lot of people don't because city water is clean. If they get rust build up bad they have to be replaced. Hardware has them in the hose section.

Davit
Today I confronted the problem of the laundry machine not working.  Using youtube, I found out that there's a screen which separates the water supplied to the washer.  I found the hot & cold water tubes' screens dirty, and sucked the dirt from the screen, and then used q-tips to remove dirt. 

Now I can wash to my heart's content(and smell nicer and not worry about mismatched socks), and hang it outside in the fresh breeze!
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's so true Hugs, nothing like gaining motivation from boredom 

Reading this thread: