Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Fixing Things(With a Mind that still needs fixing)

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kt(and anybody who cares about the minutia of my life)
The guy hammering is working using a night light, and landscaping a garden.  I felt accepting of this, since I convinced myself he's probably trying to make somebody happy.

In doing this, I think I learned that I can disable those petty reactions that sometimes I feel enslaved to.

I wonder how much more of this I can do,since sometimes it feels like I'm just not moving emotionally towards a better life!
KT,
I love your spirit.  The director of the yoga school has a good sense of humour, but they have something else you might like-hot yoga!

Apparently they have this in a room where it's much warmer.

Let's become millionaires by marketing "cold yoga" in the tropics!

That director also reminded me that they don't allow phones, and valuables in the studio.  That made it stressful since I never go anywhere without my phone, but then realized...I've only received one phonecall in 5 years that was actually an emergency.

BTW, my first class was relaxing, and I have 29 days of unlimited classes to contort myself to a new body, mind and sole(it's a fish in ample supply and easiest recipe to follow).

As for fixing, I'm going outside to find out who is hammering away minutes before I want to go to bed  I cut people some slack since a couple of weeks ago, I spent hours closing up gaps in the garage to make sure squirrels don't get in  No bats, just don't know where the collating sequence is for a symbol that looks like a hammer
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs,

I'm always laughing at something- it's so much fun!
Is it sad to say it's too cold here for yoga? Or am I just making excuses? I don't think the poses would have the same effect if I'm too busy shivering though..

Kaitie.
Kt,
Glad to hear you can laugh among all the challenges we post!  As I'm wondering about taking yoga, it makes me wonder about "laughter yoga" and the benefits...probably not "for real'
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Mum and I were hanging the clothes on the line yesterday, when suddenly the line we were using snapped. We were almost finished, so had to take all the clothes off the line on the ground and start again! I was trying the pull the tangled sheet off the line when a gust of wind caught it and I became the one tangled in the sheet. I wasn't much of a help putting the clothes back up again because I was too busy laughing.

We'll have to get another line eventually, but it'll be okay for now.

Kaitie.

I took a workshop on bicycling, which included how to fix a flat.

I had a moment a great fear wondering how I could possibly do something which looked intimidating.  Since we worked in teams, and with some gentle coaching, I actually could do it, and did.

So many things are wrapped up in our illusions that they never get attempted, causing me to miss out on life.

I even went to a wonderful track, in the safe park nearby, where I could go it I want to get the bike out of the cobwebs.
Trying to cost a porch has been a nightmare, since I keep making mistakes of all sorts. So hard to focus, and then there's the emotional reaction every time I reach a higher cost

Next time will be easier though.  No wonder there a professionals doing this
Hi Vincenza,
I did succeed.  I wish I wasn't so upset though.  Nobel Laureate John Polyani said that anything worth doing needs to be difficult, so I suppose I'll sleep well, even though I didn't get the gym workout.
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs, 
From your first post it sounded like you had good success with the air filter?  Were you able to go to the gym this afternoon? 
In any case, I hope you sleep well tonight and recover from a busy day!
Vincenza, Health Educator
After actually installing the air filter, I'm disappointed at how hard it was.  Not only do my hands hurt, but so do my sides, from sitting in a cramped position.  What bothers me most is the domestic original part has the instructions differently printed from the imported instructions.

The video is unclear, leaving the most important part of the video barely visible in the video, so I had to watch it several times.

At this point, I was almost glad the ordeal was over, and didn't care whether I installed the filter properly.

I'm going to garden to unwind, even though it's raining, since I don't want to go to bed annoyed, since I'll lose sleep.  I'd felt miserable today, since ate late in the evening last night, and am paying for it today.

Reading this thread: