Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Fixing Things(With a Mind that still needs fixing)

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Honey bees in hot weather are no problem but wasps especially yellow Jackets become very aggressive and will sting if you get close. Being stung attracts other wasps to the wasp that dies when it stings you. You can get stung bad.

I avoid them or destroy the nest in the evening when they are all in for the night.

Davit

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made a concoction to measure the number of wasps in an eavestrough area using vinegar, sugar, hot water.  While up on the roof, I had a can of bug spray, but found out it didn't work.  Lucky for me!

Having a bee in my bonnet on a roof in hot summer with no escape might be dicey
Maybe I won't feel so intimidated by the software.

I climbed onto the roof to take measurements, and found some things that will delay my troubleshooting a roof leak.  There's a space under the eavestrough where wasps are entering and exiting.  Also, it looks like the vent has a possible crack for water to enter, but I believe ice damming is the issue.

After taking some basic pics, I looked for a good spray.  There's a product which is a nozzle to plug into a bottle with fruit juice.  I like to draw out the wasps first, to minimize them chasing attacking me.  I would just drop the bottle into the eavestrough.  I don't think I could film the inside of the dark space to quantify the nest, or whatever is in there.

I'm sure I misplaced a wasp spray, since all I have the garden variety type.  I'll have to go back out onto the roof anyway, with a footstool, to peer into the eaves.  While rummaging around for sprays, I found a colouring agent which was used to colour fabric, which could help detect leaks.  I have food colouring, but find it's expensive and I don't have much.

I should have bought beets in bulk, since they make a LOT of colour.

I'll have to resume my collection of toxic stuff to dispose of, since it looks like that wasn't ever completed, and there's nothing like getting rid of stuff, to clear the mind. 

Right now I have to drop some laundry into the washer.

I looked at them but they are all PC and won't work on my Mac. CAD (computer assisted design) is fun and it is better to catch the mistakes before the project. 

Davit
Google offers the program called Sketchup, and apparently it's easy to use.  The alternative is using paper and pencil, or taking photo's, but I would imagine a computer model is better since it can be swivelled and  modified more easily.  Maybe it will "move" me too, like the time I got high-speed internet, or my first computer, etc. 
I always have this feeling of being in molasses, which is a combination of mood and arthritis, so this program could help.  on the other hand, taking my time allows me to absorb the infor...
I have a CAD program in my computer but it cost me 100 dollars. It is somewhat sophisticated. Most are around 1500 dollars and far better than mine. Mine will draw in scale or full size. Going to look for the one you found but it probably won't work on my Mac, most things are PC.

Davit
Since there's been a leak in the roof during the winter, I decided to discover where it's coming from.  I measured the top floor, and spent some time looking at roofing books.

Although I used paper to draw the top dormer, I'm thinking of using a free software program from google which allows you to draw 3D!
Tonight, for the second night in only a few days, our neighbour had another doing some home décor after eight pm.  I'm annoyed, but maybe he'll get to helping her put in pigeon spikes.
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My iPad is so silly! Instead of scrolling down when I'm typing, the screen goes blank so I can't see anything I've typed!

Everyone has a story, and a reason for doing what they do. Maybe he's landscaping for someone as a surprise for when they come home and they're only gone for a couple of days. Who knows? Haha.

Kaitie.
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs,

Ooh that sounds nice! Maybe I should do my yoga next to my heater, since I was thinking it would be a nice first thing in the morning ritual. Which tropics do you think for the cold yoga? We have rainforests and gorgeous beaches in North Queensland. Underwater in the Great Barrier Reef? Haha. Believe it or not, I've heard of people doing yoga on a surfboard.

I'm glad you're enjoying your lessons. :)

As for the guy hammering next door, he's a brave man haha. That's true, everyone has a story, and a reason for doing 

Reading this thread: