Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Almost there....:)

14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh, how nice to hear you have come so far. It gives me hope that someday I will be able to say the same.
Thanks
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heathab81

Very well said. very true.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Heather

I am glad you checked in! It is great to hear that you are working with a counselor and working on your recovery. You sound so wise and sure of yourself! It is truly amazing how one can make such improvements! You are not alone on this long road! We are right there with you.

SIM
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi H, 
Thanks for the encouragement!

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Heather,

Thank you for checking in, it is great to hear that your anxiety has improved and that you are doing well! As you mentioned, working the program can really be beneficial and instrumental in helping with anxiety. Continue to be proactive with your health and continue checking in. It is great to hear from you!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone...
I haven't come here in such a long because my panic attatcks and anxiety have really improved over the last year. I came here about a year ago in May of 2009. 3 of my family members died within a 2 month period and it just put me overboard. I started having panic attacks pretty frequentley and at least 5 times a day. It was like a living nightmare! What helped me was going to have a full check up and having a doctor tell me that there was nothing physically wrong with me. I also read the book Hope and Help for Your Nerves by Claire Weekes. Wow, that book helped me so much I don't think I would have gotten far without it. Well its been almost a year and I worked the program here and feel about 80% better. I only get panic attacks once a month now, if that. I do still get anxiety on a pretty frequent basis but I have learned to deal with it and move on with my life.

I am also working with a counselor to try to get past some stuff and recover fully. Its been a long, hard, terrifying road. But, I have learned so much about myself. I just wanted to give someone hope, because I was that someone a year ago, convinced that I was either dying or crazy. And I'm not either of those things which is funny because I believed it for so long. Do the work, be kind to yourself and be proactive. Health is something that must be persued, it won't come with out some work.....

Take care,

H

Reading this thread: